cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Award-winning support

Let's talk about this award winning support.

Long story short: A few nights ago I receive an email from godaddy informing me of changes to my account. After logging in to have a look I see my contact email has been changed. I reset it and my password and explore the account to see what else has changed. There's a bunch of spam domains in my basket, which I remove and decide to contact support to make sure my account is secure and to flag the issue in case it happens again and they're more successful.

The first person barely speaks English, doesn't understand what I am trying to tell them and disconnects fairly quickly. Good start. The second person also doesn't appear to understand and spends some time explaining how clicking on the bad emails is bad. Ultimately he tells me to email abuse@godaddy.com and there is nothing he can do to help with the status of my account. Wonderful.

24 hours after emailing the abuse team I receive the tersest possible reply telling me to contact support. Some 72 hours after that they appear to simply be ignoring my email explaining that I already did contact support and was emailing them as a result.

Now I'm stuck. I don't care how it happened (Although my background is in network security and with well over a decade logged in the industry I do find it a little insulting to be told I 'clickd the bad email') I wanted to ensure my account wasn't still compromised. I explained this several times and I was bounced around the system and ultimately ignored.

Let's be clear here - It's not as if I'm struggling to set up name servers or something, this was illegal/fraudulent activity on my account and frontline support and the 'abuse' team couldn't care less.

To whom can I complain?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User I

@Wibble

Thanks for contacting the community.

I would recommend first changing your password and enabling 2FA as well if you haven't.

Check out this GoDaddy article for some help: https://www.godaddy.com/help/reporting-abuse-27154?

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User I

@Wibble

Thanks for contacting the community.

I would recommend first changing your password and enabling 2FA as well if you haven't.

Check out this GoDaddy article for some help: https://www.godaddy.com/help/reporting-abuse-27154?

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

View solution in original post

I don't particularly care about reporting the abuse at this point, I think it goes without saying I'll be moving my services elsewhere.

I want to complain to someone about the downright laughable support before doing so.

Ah well, to be expected I guess.

My only take away from this is that godaddy are not remotely interested in fraudulent activity on their servers. I'll be sure to pass it on.

I think they are. I wish Microsoft and Google will do the same for there. 

I've used all the big dogs. I believe they do the same equally when locating the fraudulent activity. Also, a lot of security and big corporations use third-party tools and AI to catch that activity as well. Same for reviewing all CVEs that are out in the wild that need to be patched as well. But of course, big corporations isn't going to tell there end customers how good they are at there patching to you hear about them in the news. 

The main thing is reporting the incident, and hopefully, they get back to you. You'll be surprised how many people don't report anything security-related. 

Sorry to hear that you don't feel comfortable. You can always create your own environment or get an environment that meets certain standards. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis