cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bait & Switch

Order Number: 1365695474

To Whom it May Concern,

I want to let you know that I feel that I have been a victim of bait and switch and will be contacting the appropriate consumer protection agency regarding this unfair and unethical way I have been treated in this situation. I purchased a domain and the confirmation of the purchase was sent.

I confirmed with Patricia that the domain was available as I have proof of paying for it. She went on to tell me how valuable the domain is and that I should be paying so much more for it. She said I should be paying thousands for it. She took my credit card information and I paid for it as evidence of my invoice and transaction confirmation number. Then she ask to just put me on a brief hold. She came back to the line and went on to say that I could not buy it and that she is refunding my money.

This is a clear bait and switch which the evidence of this purchase invoice and the voice conversation recording of my purchase will bear out. If I am not contacted by GoDaddy within a week I will be filing a formal complaint with FTC's Bureau of Consumer Protection and spreading the word throughout the net including ripoffreport.com, BBB.com and other appropriate websites of this deceptive bait and switch tactic.

Truly,
Martin

3 REPLIES 3
Rockstar II

@iniholdings wrote:

Order Number: 1365695474

To Whom it May Concern,

I want to let you know that I feel that I have been a victim of bait and switch and will be contacting the appropriate consumer protection agency regarding this unfair and unethical way I have been treated in this situation. I purchased a domain and the confirmation of the purchase was sent.

I confirmed with Patricia that the domain was available as I have proof of paying for it. She went on to tell me how valuable the domain is and that I should be paying so much more for it. She said I should be paying thousands for it. She took my credit card information and I paid for it as evidence of my invoice and transaction confirmation number. Then she ask to just put me on a brief hold. She came back to the line and went on to say that I could not buy it and that she is refunding my money.

This is a clear bait and switch which the evidence of this purchase invoice and the voice conversation recording of my purchase will bear out. If I am not contacted by GoDaddy within a week I will be filing a formal complaint with FTC's Bureau of Consumer Protection and spreading the word throughout the net including ripoffreport.com, BBB.com and other appropriate websites of this deceptive bait and switch tactic.

Truly,
Martin

@iniholdings what type of domain purchase was it? A registration? Premium listing? 

---

Hi Justin- It was a .com domain registration. The order number that is in the original post is the actual one I received after I purchased the domain. 

@iniholdings wrote:

Hi Justin- It was a .com domain registration. The order number that is in the original post is the actual one I received after I purchased the domain. 

@iniholdings what was the price quoted and much much were they going to charge? If you're a new customer you can use the link in my signature to get a cheap .com.

---