cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Complain about the delete policy on website

I am making a complain about your delete policy on website

2 to 3 weeks if you jumped on a payment monthly you loose your website.. not even a possibility to download it... Wordpress is not owned by godaddy... you are just hosting it. And in top of that charge for 217$ canadian for someone to click a button or two to restore it

It happened to me 2 times. Mind you i have other accounts and service on the cloud and they dont do that...

30 days should be the least before you even go ahead and delete 5 days of work of someone...

Please revise this policy as i find it unacceptable... be more considerate. And please dont bring that its written in the contract, does not mean that its written in a contract that its faire or ok

Best Regards

A sad client of Godaddy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @theoneakta,

Thank you for posting and expressing your concerns, we appreciate the feedback. Currently we remove hosting plans from accounts 20 days after they expire and after the third failed billing attempt. Prior to the plan being removed we send several renewal and failed billing notices to the email address on file. I'm sorry if you did not get those, you may need to update the email address on your account. We also maintain a backup for up to 30 days with most hosting plans in case you do not have a local backup. There is an additional fee for our hosting team to restore a website, as it is from our disaster recovery backups, these backups are intended for recovery in case of critical failure within our data center and weren't intended for customer restores. There is a lot of work involved which is why there is service fee. If you do not have a local backup, I'd recommend contacting our live hosting support about a restore. 

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @theoneakta,

Thank you for posting and expressing your concerns, we appreciate the feedback. Currently we remove hosting plans from accounts 20 days after they expire and after the third failed billing attempt. Prior to the plan being removed we send several renewal and failed billing notices to the email address on file. I'm sorry if you did not get those, you may need to update the email address on your account. We also maintain a backup for up to 30 days with most hosting plans in case you do not have a local backup. There is an additional fee for our hosting team to restore a website, as it is from our disaster recovery backups, these backups are intended for recovery in case of critical failure within our data center and weren't intended for customer restores. There is a lot of work involved which is why there is service fee. If you do not have a local backup, I'd recommend contacting our live hosting support about a restore. 

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

This just happened to me, I hadn't received any prior warnings either... enquired about my domain 1 day after they released it, they said the could get it back at a $180NZ charge the next day they refunded my money because it had already been registered by someone else!

thanks for sharing my pain

what you wrote is not a solution its a ripoff