cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain Buy Service - I paid for nothing

It looks like GoDaddy employed/backed users will chime in shortly to dispute consumers claims or to provide a 'you should have read the fine print' post and claim this thread 'solved,' but GoDaddy has more significant issues to solve than my post. Just blowing off consumers with pointless and empty replies doesn't change the experience we receive. The money is not the main issue here. It's the terrible customer service and severely flawed and process.

My experience(s) in a nutshell... Consumers Beware... 

~ Purchase Attempt #1 - I prepaid for a website purchase, spent nearly a month having to check-in with support to spur on the acquisition and was finally told they reached an agreement with the owner. I spent the next two weeks awaiting the transfer and heard nothing so checked in again only to be told a few hours later that the person they were working with turned out not to even be the owner. I had assumed at this point they would get back to work on finding the actual owner but instead refunded my initial payment and failed to reply to any emails or phone calls.

~ Purchase Attempt #2 - Since I didn't hear back from the initial calls or emails I assumed the best course of action would be to open another purchase attempt to find the actual owner. The month passed, and they allegedly made attempts to find an owner but did not make contact with anyone. They have since refused to refund the cost which is just ridiculous as they have no proof of having done a single thing.

I wish I had read all of the other consumer reviews. To the consumer, this feels like an absolute scam because we pay for the 'attempt' but hear nothing and are just told they couldn't accomplish anything. You are essentially burning your money.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

@Wfaddoul I'm sorry you feel that way. The fee that is paid for the Domain Buy Service is only non-refundable if work has been done. It is essentially a brokerage service. The fee that is paid is for our agents to attempt to negotiate the sale of a domain. If that occurs, then the service has been provided, which is why no refund is offered. 

@FiveApples I can understand your frustration. The Domain Buy Service team does make efforts to try to reach out to domain owners to negotiate a sale. Sometimes this is fairly quick, other times it can take a while since not everyone follows up with them in a timely manner. However, if you did not hear from them when you reached out to ask about the progress of the purchase, that's definitely not something that should have happened. Quality of support is something that we take great pride in and this definitely doesn't sound like the type of experience we want customers to have. I will have your feedback forwarded on to improve how things are done. We're always looking for ways to get better and we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II

Hey there @FiveApples,

First, I'm neither backed or employed by GoDaddy.

Second, it sounds like you had a bad experience. 

I've purchased several domains through that service. Some have been similar experiences to yours, but most went off without a hitch. 

Sorry you had a horrible experience, but there's nothing that anyone on this forum can do to help you out other than empathize with you. We're NOT GoDaddy employees, so we don't have access to your account information and we can't do anything for you. The only way you will get a resolution to your issue is to contact phone or chat support and try to work it out that way.

Good luck!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Well said, do not use this service. They literally steal your money and there is no way to get any kind of refund nor support from godaddy...
Community Manager

@Wfaddoul I'm sorry you feel that way. The fee that is paid for the Domain Buy Service is only non-refundable if work has been done. It is essentially a brokerage service. The fee that is paid is for our agents to attempt to negotiate the sale of a domain. If that occurs, then the service has been provided, which is why no refund is offered. 

@FiveApples I can understand your frustration. The Domain Buy Service team does make efforts to try to reach out to domain owners to negotiate a sale. Sometimes this is fairly quick, other times it can take a while since not everyone follows up with them in a timely manner. However, if you did not hear from them when you reached out to ask about the progress of the purchase, that's definitely not something that should have happened. Quality of support is something that we take great pride in and this definitely doesn't sound like the type of experience we want customers to have. I will have your feedback forwarded on to improve how things are done. We're always looking for ways to get better and we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

Yes, it was indeed a bad experience. I know nothing can be done in these community rooms but consumer posts show up for newcomers and I regret having not read through them prior to initiating the process. There are so many alternatives that are success-based and don't merely take a payment, fail to do anything, keep the payment, and not reply to phone calls and emails.

I really don't even care about the money at this point as that was a principal issue. The support received, the lack of any action for the money and the sheer lack of care by the people that I've talked with has just been fascinating.

It's important for people to be very aware of how this process works and after reading forums it's evident this is not an isolated case. I simply want to use this forum to share this experience so others are aware prior to investing time and money whilst anticipating professional efforts, service, and results that line up with the impression given by GoDaddy's marketing.