cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

GoDaddy "Business Advisor" not returning my emails.

I won't publicly shame this "business advisor" by naming him but wanted to make the community aware of such GoDaddy employees that detract from the company.

We are a small HIPAA regulated business and have been GoDaddy web mail and registration customers for 10 years!!! Last year, I approached GoDaddy inquiring about HIPAA compliant email.  We decided then that we did not immediately need it.  This year, once we deemed we needed it, out of courtesy so he gets credit/commission, since he had provided me info a year ago, I emailed the same "business advisor" and basically delivered new business onto his lap.  He was the very picture of sunshine and "it is a breeze to make the switchover" as he awaited my credit card purchase for the "discounted" 3 year contract.

We scheduled the "10 minute" cutover over a lunch break and of course it did not take 10 mins.  To his credit, he stayed online while the switchover ostensibly happened and while I tried to install the new Outlook client etc.  I eventually asked him to give me the instructions so he wouldn't have to stay on the phone.  Oh...he did try to sell me website building services amidst that after "noticing" that our website was inactive.

Long story short, 5+ hours later, after disrupting the office staff while I tried to get things setup, after multiple O365 uninstalls/installs, I got to a point where several of the stated "automatic" steps had not occurred and I was left with a web and desktop environment pointing to different email/exchange servers .  Further, the key HIPAA compliance capability of encryption was displaying bizarre behavior of arbitrary delays in sent emails arriving in my recipient inbox (Upto 5 hours!!!). Frustrated, I concluded for the day late and sent an email expressing my frustration and explaining all the issues I ran into and how we were left with a non-HIPAA compliant environment.  Not holding him responsible for O365 install/uninstall vagaries but for misrepresenting what was going to happen with "auto detection" and not mentioning anything about expected encrypted email delivery delays.

The next morning, I have an email back refuting everything I said and essentially blaming everything on my "installing the wrong version" and insisting we had a HIPAA compliant environment . (I am by no means an expert on O365 or email but I have a PhD in Computer Engineering and have been working for over 25 years...so not exactly clueless about this stuff).  Biting my lips, I sent a short email asking him to call me so we can focus on getting operational.  No response.  Checked in midday, no response all day.  This is the same guy who would respond in 5 mins and dutifully follow up days/weeks later when I was considering the purchase!!

Approached GoDaddy email support and they asked for information, did some diagnosis and confirmed THAT I WAS CORRECT ABOUT AN UNACCEPTABLE DELAY IN ENCRYPTED EMAIL ARRIVAL!  They filed an incident report on my behalf.  Migration support CONFIRMED that installing O365 can pick up an old profile even if you uninstall the old version . Contradictory to everything the business advisor told me and his dismissal of my observed arbitrary delay.

It appears he has chosen to ignore my two emails asking him to help resolve the issues.  In the end, I am getting it done with GoDaddy support's guidance and my own abilities.  But this guy is getting away scot-free for abandoning a customer of 10 years who ran into legitimate issues.  While pocketing his commission for a deal that fell onto his lap.

We'll see if anyone from GoDaddy reacts.  Tomorrow, I will be calling to speak to lodge a complaint with someone on the sales/support leadership team.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

Hey there @Customer10yrs,

Sorry you had that experience. While I'm not an official representative of GoDaddy, I can say that's not the norm from most customer representatives. 

When you contact GoDaddy, here's the easiest way to get some sort of resolution. When you get the customer rep on the line, give them a summarized version of what's happening, and ask to be transferred to Productivity. Once you get with someone from Productivity (the department that actually knows and fully understands O365), explain what happened and, if necessary, ask for a supervisor. They can review the call and coach the CSR at the very least. 

When I worked there, and I'm pretty sure it's still the same, you didn't just drop the customer once they got difficult or had issues. If you had accepted responsibility for their issues, you accepted it. Not all customer service reps are built the same.

I apologize that you had that experience and I hope it doesn't detract from your opinion of GD too much.

Good luck!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II

Hey there @Customer10yrs,

Sorry you had that experience. While I'm not an official representative of GoDaddy, I can say that's not the norm from most customer representatives. 

When you contact GoDaddy, here's the easiest way to get some sort of resolution. When you get the customer rep on the line, give them a summarized version of what's happening, and ask to be transferred to Productivity. Once you get with someone from Productivity (the department that actually knows and fully understands O365), explain what happened and, if necessary, ask for a supervisor. They can review the call and coach the CSR at the very least. 

When I worked there, and I'm pretty sure it's still the same, you didn't just drop the customer once they got difficult or had issues. If you had accepted responsibility for their issues, you accepted it. Not all customer service reps are built the same.

I apologize that you had that experience and I hope it doesn't detract from your opinion of GD too much.

Good luck!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Joe, Thanks so much for taking the time to read through my post and for your empathy and thoughtful guidance.  I truly admire your sense of ownership from when you worked there previously!  GD is lucky to have you as an Ambassador.

I did call the productivity group and the very nice support contact provided her supervisor's email and indicated it would be forwarded to the Business Advisor's supervisor.  I forwarded my message along with the email thread with the Business Advisor and the support ticket# where my legitimate issue was logged. It has been two weeks now and I have not received any kind of acknowledgment.  At this stage I am not holding my breath for any reach out.

Thanks again for your support!

PK

Community Manager

HI @Customer10yrs. I'm definitely sorry to hear that you've had an unpleasant experience with our support team. Quality of support is something that we take great pride in and this definitely doesn't sound like the type of experience we want customers to have. I will have your feedback forwarded on to improve how things are done. Of course, you are also welcome to speak with a supervisor if you call in. They can have your calls/interactions reviewed so that the agent can receive coaching as necessary. We're always looking for ways to get better and we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thanks so much for your response Jesse!

I am glad somebody from GD is at least responding.

As I mentioned on my other post, I did call the productivity group and sent in an email feedback to the supervisor's email I was provided by the nice support rep.  I forwarded my message along with the email thread with the Business Advisor and the support ticket# where my legitimate issue was logged.

(P.S. I am not clear if "Business Advisors" are part of the support or sales team.  My bad experience was with the Business Advisor who took my Office365 Premium order.)

I would have expected an acknowledgment at a minimum but have seen nothing in the last two weeks.  We are making do with the capabilities we have working. Unfortunately I acquiesced to the 3 year contract so we have a bit of a decision at the end of the first year as to if we would rather eat the loss from the last two years and move on to a different solution.

Thanks again for your support