cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

I have access to someone else’s account

I think GoDaddy messed up the email, and because it came to my email I could reset the password and now have access to someone else’s account. The chat box never appears on the support page and I’m not paying to call GoDaddy support...
I found a ‘backup’ email address of the real owner/company - but they haven’t replied to my emails.
Just trying to do the right thing and give this back - but it’s heading towards the too hard basket!
Suggestions?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hi @User741653. Thanks for reaching out. The most likely explanation for your situation is that the account holder put the wrong email address in when they set up the account. If you received a password reset email, that would indicate they are trying to regain access. You can feel free to send me a PM here on the forums with the email address and customer number and I'll make sure it's passed on to the correct people. Also, our chat team is available Monday - Friday, 5 am to 6 pm (UTC/GMT -7) on the United States - English version of our Help page.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Hi @User741653. Thanks for reaching out. The most likely explanation for your situation is that the account holder put the wrong email address in when they set up the account. If you received a password reset email, that would indicate they are trying to regain access. You can feel free to send me a PM here on the forums with the email address and customer number and I'll make sure it's passed on to the correct people. Also, our chat team is available Monday - Friday, 5 am to 6 pm (UTC/GMT -7) on the United States - English version of our Help page.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post