cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Really long waiting times

I'm really annoyed at waiting on the phone for customer service. I was told that my estimated wait time for someone to pick up the phone was 2 mins.

It has now been 24 minutes and counting.

I can't stand being repeatedly told crass statements like:

'We value your business'

and

'We can't wait to exceed your expectations'

and

'We will be with you shortly'

Clearly, from my experience, none of these statements are true -so don't tell me that over and over again -it's insulting.

ps. After 22 minutes 'We will be with you shortly' was changed to 'We will be with you soon' -that really helped me -thank you GoDaddy

Finally got through after 25 minutes to a very nice man. It's not his fault that I'm now feeling really wound up...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Community Manager

Hi @melonman & @jmcoon,

Sorry to hear about your frustrating experience of having to wait to talk with one of customer support reps. You can try our chat service. Here's how you can access it: 

Go to GoDaddy chat by clicking on the "Product Support" link at the bottom of our United States homepage. You'll probably have to manually change the region you're located in to the United States.  The chat button may not appear if the chat queue is super busy. You can leave your browser open to the chat page and the chat button will reappear when the queue becomes available. Chat hours are available Monday through Friday from 5AM to 6PM (Arizona, USA time zone: GMT-7:00). Thanks!

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

Community Manager

Hi @Robspalu. Thanks for sharing your concern. It would be uncommon for wait times to be that high, it seems like something may have gone wrong. I'm sorry things haven't gone as you've expected them to. We're always looking for ways to get better and we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

If there is a specific technical issue that the community can try to help out with, I'd encourage you to post that subject as it's own thread. Someone may be able to provide suggestions on how you can move forward. Please keep in mind that this is a community forum rather than a support form. Users here do not have access to internal GoDaddy systems and generally aren't able to assist with account specific issues.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

4 REPLIES 4
New

I have had many similar experiences,  I moved everything to Hostgator, and fount that although their wait times were shorter the people were generally less knowledgeable and made every attempt to pass me on to a FAQ page, rather than deal with my question.  I'm a big fan of chat help but find it's availabliity here sketchy as the wait times can be very long.  the call in help is good but hold times are long there too, and I often take the option to have the system call me back when somone was available, but I have had a couple of experiences there where the system calls me back and then puts me on hold again for another minute or two.

Community Manager

Hi @melonman & @jmcoon,

Sorry to hear about your frustrating experience of having to wait to talk with one of customer support reps. You can try our chat service. Here's how you can access it: 

Go to GoDaddy chat by clicking on the "Product Support" link at the bottom of our United States homepage. You'll probably have to manually change the region you're located in to the United States.  The chat button may not appear if the chat queue is super busy. You can leave your browser open to the chat page and the chat button will reappear when the queue becomes available. Chat hours are available Monday through Friday from 5AM to 6PM (Arizona, USA time zone: GMT-7:00). Thanks!

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I have been waiting 3 1/2 hours for a 'Chat' now, been #1 inline for over an hour, can they really be this busy?

This is a follow up to yesterday's chat because my issue was not resolved as promised.

Really frustrated with GoDaddy, they are quick to 'Sell' but vey slow to 'Sopport' 

Community Manager

Hi @Robspalu. Thanks for sharing your concern. It would be uncommon for wait times to be that high, it seems like something may have gone wrong. I'm sorry things haven't gone as you've expected them to. We're always looking for ways to get better and we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

If there is a specific technical issue that the community can try to help out with, I'd encourage you to post that subject as it's own thread. Someone may be able to provide suggestions on how you can move forward. Please keep in mind that this is a community forum rather than a support form. Users here do not have access to internal GoDaddy systems and generally aren't able to assist with account specific issues.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.