cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Support often tries to sell me something.

Godaddy "support" is disgusting. Every experience I have with the live chat team from India involves a the member trying to sell me products or upgrade me.

Even when I have a frustrating problem that is their fault and they can't help me with, they have the nerve to try and sell me an upgrade. The "support" team is really a disguised sales team that is incompetent of offering any real support.

My list of bad dealings goes on, but for an example, my most recent dealing with them I was trying to fix my hosting account. While I had the person on the chat I explained my circumstance and asked her for a recommendation. I told her that I have a couple of clients who I'll be designing a website for over the next few weeks and I do plan to get more clients in the future. I will need to be able to control their sites, hosting, domains, ect. from the one account.

After giving her this information, I said to my colleague who was with me at the time, watch this, I guarantee that she recommends me the biggest package. Sure enough, without asking me any questions, she recommends me one of the most expensive packages on Godaddy - the Expand Business Hosting Package - at a cost of approximately $1100 for 12-months.

I replied to her woah that seems excessive, I only have a couple of clients that are small business operators, I don't need 4 CPU's and unlimited traffic for example.

Anyway I eventually pointed her to a $120 package and asked, couldn't I just do everything I need and operate unlimited small business sites from this package with the linux c-panel. And as it turns out - yes I can.

This rep did not even ask me one simple question like 'what size are the websites' or 'how many clients do you predict you will have' or 'are you looking at shared hosting or private server hosting'. She did not ask for my budget or even give me multiple options which is custom for businesses giving recommendations.

She did not say for example 'you could go with this one with 4CPUs or if you don't think that is necessary we have this option with 2CPUs for $xx.

At the end of the day, their was no care from this rep for what I need or what might help my business.

All that GoDaddy support care about is selling high-priced packages and receiving a monthly bonus, that's it. This definitely goes for the reps on Live Chat anyway.

Even the time before I was so frustrated with the company because they have overcharged me $200+ and the rep still had the nerve to try his selling on me. I calmed down, gave in and decided not to move my domains to a new hosting company, and while proceeding to pay he asked me 3 times if 'I was sure I didn't want to take the 24-month package. The nerve of this rep after this particular call was  mind-blowing. I had to get rude to him (which I hate to do because I was a call centre rep myself in my younger days). I said seriously you've got nerve and you're really starting to frustrate me, just give me what I'm asking for and don't offer me another thing. - So frustrating.

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Hi @Dylzee. Thanks for sharing your concern. We do want our agents to consult with customers to find the best solution to their business needs. Based on your description, it doesn't sound like that happened. I will have your feedback reviewed and forwarded on as appropriate to improve how things are done. We're always looking for ways to get better and we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

If there is a specific technical issue that the community can try to help out with, I'd encourage you to post that subject as it's own thread. Someone may be able to provide suggestions on how you can move forward.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.