cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Unhappy with redemption fees - thinking about moving my domains away

I have well over 30-40 domains with godaddy but lately have started noticing that although my domains are set to auto renew, godaddy lets them expire then insists i pay well over a 1000ZAR redemption fee for a 149ZAR domain !!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU HAVE MY CARD DETAILS - as YOU RENEWED two of my other domains THIS WEEK - LOOK AT THE DATE OF EXPIRATION on this DOMAIN - IT IS TODAY - YET YOU DID NOT RENEW IT, YOU LOCKED IT AND NOW WANT TO CHARGE ME 1,149ZAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You did this to me 5 days ago with another co.za domain which i managed to negotiate with your consultant down to 700 odd ZAR for a 149ZAR domain!!!!

This is pure blackmail!!!!!!!!!!! - I have always been happy with godaddy, but something has changed last hew weeks - something is NOT right - i have been with you guys for YEARS also as a pro user client... NOW i am thinking to MOVE

IMEDIATE.CO.ZA
2019-02-20
Expired - Registry Redemption

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

Hey there @gregmarriott,

I understand the frustration and you are more than welcome to vent in this community. In fact, this is a great place for it.

However, please keep in mind that we can't actually help you with account related issues here. For that type of assistance, you would need to contact phone or live chat support. Most of us are volunteers, not employees.

I do hope you get your situation sorted out. One piece of advice I can give is to just be persistent and bring whatever evidence you have to the table when speaking with support. Good luck!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II

Hey there @gregmarriott,

I understand the frustration and you are more than welcome to vent in this community. In fact, this is a great place for it.

However, please keep in mind that we can't actually help you with account related issues here. For that type of assistance, you would need to contact phone or live chat support. Most of us are volunteers, not employees.

I do hope you get your situation sorted out. One piece of advice I can give is to just be persistent and bring whatever evidence you have to the table when speaking with support. Good luck!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post