• Content And SEO Marketing

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted
    Pro Community Founder Trusted Advisor Pro Community Founder Trusted Advisor
    Pro Community Founder Trusted Advisor

A New Referral Source Everyone Should Try?

In addition to being GoDaddy Reseller we are also graphic and web designers. I say "we" because my little boutique business now is a team of ten designers but we try to still give individualized service. Last year we completed around 70 web projects of varying size and a countless amount of business cards, invitations, flyers, posters, banners... This year we already have already completed 15 web design projects and have more than 40 projects in our pipeline and are on the verge of turning away work because of a new referral source.

Well, we aren't going to turn away work because that would be crazy but we thought we would share with the community so you can have this dilemma as well.

This year we partnered with a tax preparer to whom we have designed fliers for in the past. We have always got some business from them when someone would ask "Who did your flyer?" or something like that but this year our tax friend has our information packets they can offer to clients and our material is in their waiting room included as magazines, flyers and handouts that their clients can take.

We feel like this is a great fit because:
    • we have worked with them for years and trust their business methods and ethics
    • the tax preparer can speak to and show the quality of our work
    • they are a trusted resource and adviser to their clients
    • they know who has a business/is starting a business
    • the customer is flush with money when they leave the preparer office
    • the preparer knows us and our "type of client"
    • the tax preparer is in a unique position to be able to spot the best clients
    • we don't have to filter clients as much as we typically would (we only get the most ready referrals)

I don't know if it works for everyone but it has been GREAT for us and it is just March. Provided that we get our current web projects completed in Q1 as expected we will already be ahead of our total Q1 and Q2 revenue from 2015.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head
    ...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate
    3 REPLIES
    Pro Community Founder Mentor Pro Community Founder Mentor
    Pro Community Founder Mentor

Re: A New Referral Source Everyone Should Try?

Excellent idea.  One of the keys is finding businesses that complement yours.  For example, in our primary business we pair with a physical therapist who specializes in pelvic floor problems and other "women's problems".  Not only are we now working on her site, but other physical therapists are getting interested!

Pro Community Founder Trusted Advisor Pro Community Founder Trusted Advisor
    Pro Community Founder Trusted Advisor

I always say that a good customer makes for a great referral. We base our business on referrals and have found it to be a very deep pool. A happy customer is like a brand ambassador for your brand and your customers can get to customers that you may not be able to impact.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head
    ...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate
    PK-kanfi
    Novice