Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted
    New

Adsense ads.txt

I am following 

https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/7532444?hl=en

I don't see any way for me to add ads.txt file.

11 REPLIES 11
    New

Re: Adsense ads.txt

Having the same issue

Hi @mm99 and @DianaP,

Welcome to the Community!

First, be advised that you must have the Business, Business Plus, or eCommerce plan to add Google AdSense to your website. (The Personal plan does not support this feature.) You'll need to already have a Google account and the script can only be added to GoCentral websites in the United States. 

You can use the instructions here to add the Google AdSense script to the website.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

No, it's not "solved." Which directory do we put it in? public_html? wp_content? Everyone who needs to create an ads.txt file has already seen what Google says and wants something more helpful.

New

I contacted godaddy support and they said to add a dns txt record  however im still getting an issue in adsense. I believe we must be able to rename it to ads.txt in the root folder for google to detect it however godaddy is not giving us that option. I hope this can be resolved soon.

New

So anyone with Godaddy Website Builder site is out of luck? 

New

NOT SOLVED.  Does not work on website builder sites.

I am having the same issue. 

In the host field I have "@"  which I understand puts it under the root directory.

I have all the content Google Adsense said to put in the text value field.

New

Having the same problem here, please let us know if anything, cause this is some Bull....

same problem here

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hey Everyone. Thanks for posting your issue. With our site builders, you wouldn't have access to the root directory for a site to upload this type of file. However, my understanding is that with our AdSense integration in GoCentral, you shouldn't need to worry about taking these steps. If anyone has any evidence otherwise, please feel free to share that here and I'd be happy to take your suggestion to our product team. Thanks! 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    New

This issue hasn't been resolved. I'm having the same issue. I have contacted GoDaddy 2x about this with no solution and there isn't a support phone line for Google so I'm stuck.