• GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Helper V

Be Aware: Blog updates don't always update on mobile devices

Thought I'd share this tidbit of information with everyone. After making an edit to one of my blog posts 3 days ago, I discovered that the post had still not updated on my Android phone. Called cust. svc. and worked through it with a rep and through testing we figured out that my phone had cached the site so it was still showing the old post. This is apparently a phone issue, not a GD issue, and nothing we have control over other than to clear our cache or use Incognito Mode to view our website. Once I did that, it displayed the new information.

Well, that's all good and well for us, but our customers won't be doing this before they go to our website each time, so, bottom line is, it's a good idea get your blog posts like you want them before posting or there's a chance that your customers will see old info. This should only occur for those customers who have been to your site previously, but something to be aware of.

1 REPLY 1
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Be Aware: Blog updates don't always update on mobile devices

Hello there @Hopeful!

Thanks for sharing this info! Caching is a fickle mistress, for sure. A lot of the time it does look like an issue with the service you're using to host but it's totally not.

Glad you were able to get it sorted!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community