cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Updating Header Image of my GoCentral site

Hi there,

Can anyone provide me with the recommended specs for uploading a header image to GoCentral? I've uploaded some different sizes/dimensions - but once uploaded and I select them in the interface the header image just goes black. Maybe I need to upload something more specific?

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

11 REPLIES 11
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Updating Header Image of my GoCentral site

Hi @jsmith0258. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! We don't currently have any published size requirements, but I am looking into it. I can say that I was able to pull a few header images and they were all between 900-1080px wide and 600-720px high. If you stick in that range, it should work. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I have an issue that I have a pretty big image as my logo but it doesnt matter how big or small i resize the image it does not look big enough to be on the header.  How can I resize my logo? please, i haven't seen anyone solving this problem.

www.timelessphototampa.com

Thanks

Lola

Hi Lola,

I'm having the exact same problem with my logo displaying small and I had it custom made so I definitely want to draw attention to it! I visited your site and see that your logo is very huge on the home page. How did you end up accomplishing this?

*crossing my fingers you'll get this*

Thanks!

Helper II

Jesse

Are you saying the best size for a header image is 

between 900-1080px wide and 600-720px high.?

For example if i create my own header image in photoshop. What is the best size allowing for full screen on all devices etc.

So 1080 x 720 is the best size?

Thanks 

So ridiculous that it is so difficult to get answers on this?  The previous post was in January.  I have read so many with similar issues.  We paid for GoDaddy Plus thinking with our limited knowledge and their templates we would be able to get this done but it's a huge problem

Employee
    Employee
    Solution

@sweetsuzannah

Sorry that we were slow to respond on this one; please call Support 24/7 for any questions that you need immediate help with. GoCentral automatically resizes images to optimize them for the web; we recommend uploading a high-resolution original image; don't worry about it being too big. We recommend a minimum of 1080px wide for header images, so that they are not blurry on large screens. 

It appears from this thread that some folks are using their logos as header images; this is fine of course, just upload a logo file in the header image location, and also use the highest-resolution version you have. There is a separate logo area in the header, and there is a size control for the logo in that location. The logo will appear smaller than the header image if you use the logo in the logo area, and a separate header image. 

Please let me know if this does not answer your questions -

Thanks for your patience, 
    Heidi, GoDaddy product manager

1280 x 540 works for me! bodegonargento.com

how to add scrolling images in header?.  only one image option is avaialbe for cover page

Helper II
    Solution

Nimble...i dont think this is possible in Website Builder features like that are very limited. Unless you have a theme that has a slider in the header that is but i dont see one. Also to clarify, you have the header section and the only option for a graphic is your logo. No option for background image even that i can find.

Then you have the Cover Image...only an option for a single background image here too.

Then below the Cover Image...you can add a SECTION / Photo Gallery and choose one that has a SLIDER. You can choose several images here which will create the slide show.

It would be nice if Website Builder offered more options and control but they do not. See the site i created at https://Pure-Life.com. Does not have a slider but other points are referenced.

Hope this was helpful to someone.

Thanks a lot

This worked for me, thanks!!