cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Pro Community Founder Mentor Pro Community Founder Mentor
Pro Community Founder Mentor

GoDaddy Customer Care

This morning I received a call from Jason, a GoDaddy Customer Care representative.  The call was for an account review.  Kudos to GoDaddy for taking the initiative to check-in on their customers and offer to lend a helping hand.  I wasn't fully functioning yet since I was still on my first cup of coffee, so I wasn't as lively an enthusiastic as I normally am.  He handled it well!  While some may see a call like this as an intrusion, its what many customers need to get them the edge for success.

Later,

James

11 REPLIES
Community Founder Accomplished

Re: GoDaddy Customer Care

I've gotten this call too and have always appreciated it. 

---
Erika Kerekes, Founder & Condiment QueenNot Ketchup Gourmet Grilling Sauces

Interesting topic to bring up. If 90% of other companies called to check on me, I'd immediately ask to be taken off their calling list. But I've received a few of these calls from GD (never too often) and I love them. The enthusiasm makes a big difference, I think. Plus, while they may mention if a domain is up for renewal, these are not sales calls - they legitimately want to make sure you're making the most of your sites. And if you don't pick up, they're not going to keep calling back and hounding you. 

In general, I've found all GoDaddy support to be positive and respectful. A couple of their online chat reps have even made jokes, which is great. I have absolute horror stories from working with some other hosts but have never had an issue with GD. I have a lot of respect for their support staff. 

Kriquip
Novice

I had the same awesome experience and I was delighted that they called to check how things are working for us. Godaddy no doubt is number one in customer care; I say this as someone who has been their customer for almost 4 years.

Chris

alayna
Apprentice

i purchased a domain yesterday and hosed in Deluxe Plan as addon domain in another Go Daddy account , bu i dnt get any notification about DNS name Servers. unfortunately my Domain in Stuck now. i tried to contact godaddy customer care threw online, but till now i cant see online customer service executive till now.

Spoiler

VERY POOR SERVICE to NEW CUSTOMERS 

SamHobbs
Mentor

@JMPepper, I also got a call from Jason and I also was not as active as I am later in the day. I caught him a bit off guard since I am beyond hope, I have given up on GoDaddy and will be moving elsewhere. I would not be saying that here except it is relevant to the conversation. He made the point that most GoDaddy customers need to have support by phone and I made the point that making GoDaddy comfortable for those of us that can read and do read and do solve problems ourselves (better than most) is in the best interests of all of us. It is counter-productive to not make documentation a higher priority. I told him that the advice to use the Pro lounge to get help with Microsoft Visual Studio's Web Deploy is stupid, that GoDaddy needs to ensure that the feature works for shared hosting and is properly documented.

I have had another conversation with another GoDaddy representative that was also a good conversation but I have had other calls from GoDaddy representatives that were purely sales calls. They were not interested in helping me, they just wanted to talk me into buying something and ignored any mention of problems I need help with.

SamHobbs
Mentor

@alayna, if you still need help from other forum members then create a new question in an appropriate forum here in these forums.

Hi @SamHobbs,

I agree with you on written documentation.  I've heavily relied on it since I started with computers.  While I appreciate the value of video and phone help, I want to read it and file it as a "reference."  

I certainly understand that if you're not getting what you need at GoDaddy that you have to take your business elsewhere.  I've been in that boat, and I typically also find myself back here.  I've probably tried 15 hosting companies, each with their own set of problems, irritations, and really strange implementations of "standard software."

As a small business owner using shared hosting, I realize that no matter where I go that if I don't have my own server and my own guy running my server that I may not get exactly what I want. Because of software updates (on my end as well as GoDaddy's) I've created some very-time consuming problems because I took the same problem from hosting company to hosting company. My most recent experience was with Microsoft Office 365 -- turns out the problem was with 365 not GoDaddy, not HostGator -- wake up lesson for me on today's software!

With regard to help and customer service, I still haven't found anyone that I can work better with than GoDaddy.  When I get calls from them, I do not deal with them all the same.  Some are far better at their job than others.  I often say, "My account is setup just like I want it to fit within my business.  Appreciate the call, but gotta go take care of a customer."  So, a sales call gets my line, customer care guys like Jason get a conversation if time actually permits.

If you are not getting what you want in terms of help when you call in, don't hesitate to ask for an escalation and report to customer service. 

As I've moved across hosts, I have a bit of a checklist that I've used.  Funny as it may seem, two are 1) Who consistently gives me the best info, and 2) Who irritates me the least when I call for help.

Business to business, I hope you have success!!  Wherever your site works, get it going and make it work for you.  My door's certainly open to you here in the Community if you have any questions in the future!

James

By the way just had to add this! I'm not sure what platform you're currently using, but before you completely leave at least check out the Business hosting IF it might be applicable to your situation.   I recently purchased the new Business Web hosting.  https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/business-hosting

The additional resources made a huge difference in how my affiliate software (iDevAffiliate) and its supporting e-commerce sites operation and design.  Not that my situation is by any means the same as yours, however; having realiable resource allocation when I changed php settings to do something as simple as a data import in my case, got rid of import error messages.  

Hope this helps,

James

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @fxgainer,

I hope you got your issue resolved! I'm going to remove your post because you included all of your personal contact information that should be private. Take care!

Rachel

GoDaddy Sr. Community Manager
co
Novice

Chat offline, Engage phone lines everytime,, for a two days now !!!!!!! i i am getting this msg when i run comment in my website "Unexpected response from server - please try again or switch off Javascript." script guys tells me, contact hosting and disable mod_security unfortunately i cant contact you guys !!!! worst experience  !!!!!!!!!!

plz solve this for me asap....

chamilofficial@gmail.com

rmattimoe
Skilled

Just try to get ahold of customer care today!!!