cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 of my sites not working for 17 days now. Ticket entered. No updates unless I call support. HELP

I have 4 sites registered and hosted on Godaddy. Some have worked for 10 years with no problem. I upgraded my hosting on Dec 13th and 3 sites stopped working. They all bring up the primary site now. I have chatted, searched forums and tried some recommended solutions all with no help except to tell me to wait 24 to 48 hours and see what happens. Several techs on the support line tried a few things but still not fixed.  Never got a required update at 72 hours after ticket was entered on December 24th. Waited 90 hours then called.  Got it escalated to another tier. Told me they would look into it and give me an update within 24 hours. After 35 hours of no update I called support and no one had done anything. They said they would escalate to another tier and they would update me. Another 24 hours have gone by and no fix and no update. Looking for a new hosting company soon. Can someone please help!

17 REPLIES 17
Helper VI

Hello.
Since all your websites opens the main site (I assume from the hosting account) it seems that you have a DNS configuration problem.
Try to compare the settings from the sites that work to those from the sites that do not work in order to identify the error but take in to consideration the fact that after you modify a DNS it can take up to 72 hours to work.
What type of hosting you had, and what type you have now?

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

I had the Linux basic and upgraded to deluxe. The first tech I talked to checked that on Dec 14th then waited 24 hours with no fix. The next one deleted and re-added my domains and waited 24 hours, no fix. The next one did a permission rest, then 24 hours. The next one retried all of the above because none had been documented. Waited 24 hours. The next tech did a Assigned hosting event and another 24 hours went by. The last tech tried a server-side reset that didnt work. Finally a ticket was opened 6 days ago. There have been 3 escalations but no one has ever given me an update unless I call in. Very frustrated after 17 days..

With cPanel?

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

No. Just managing domains and host.

Like this http://i.imgur.com/duXyoEp.jpg   ???

Yes. and thru the hosted domains link. I added all 3 and they are setup. All of my sites work of I used the long name ie: www.myprimarydomainname/mynotworkingdomainname/index.html

They just don't work if I try to go directly to them using the registered domain name.

All 4 sites have the same ip in the DNS Zone

They are like this http://i.imgur.com/r9045dP.jpg ???

None of them have alias or forwarding or subdomains assigned. Just straight forward domains in folders under the primary domain using html that has worked for years and get updated weekly. No sql databases or other add-on apps. Pretty dull I guess but nothing complicated.

yes and they are pointing to the correct folders.

With a / for the primary

/site2

/site3

/site4

all showing active

if I go to www.primary/site1/index.html       it works just fine

I will send you a private message.

Adrian has pointed me in a direction I am not familiar with so if someone knows please chime in.

Are all domains supposed to have the same nameservers if I am using one hosting account?

Went 3 more days and still not fixed.  3 of my domains have not worked on Godaddy for 22 days and it doesnt look like anyone is doing anything with it. I moved all my files to a new hosting company, changed the nameservers to the new host and my sites were working in 3 minutes. I have been a Godaddy customer for 10 years but will move everthing to the new host before my current Godaddy expires. What a shame Godaddy.

Hey @RogerFrancis,

Sorry to hear of the trouble you were having with your domains and hosting plan. Sounds like @Adrian8 did his best to help out.

If you felt this might have better benefited from direct assistance from our hosting team, you may have wanted to try contacting our live support by phone or chat so they could assist you. Since this is an open discussion forum, no one here is going to have direct access to your account to review what was happening to cause the trouble with your domains. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I chatted 3 times, then called the live support line almost everyday during the 3 weeks my site stopped working. I talked several time to different techs in the Domain group, the hosting group, and the Admin group. A ticket was assigned 2 weeks before I finally thru in the towel and just moved to another hosting company. Several support groups tried fixing my problem on Godaddy  but no one was working on it till it was fixed, it got passed from one tech to another but no one OWNED the problem.  The last person I talked to said that they could fix it in an hour if I upgraded my hosting to cpanel and paid for a 2 year extension on my plan. So... if I pay $132 they can fix my problem in an hour, if I didn't there was no telling how long it would take. It just didn't seem right to me and after more than 10 years with Godaddy I moved to another host and all 4 of my sites were up and running in less than an hour which most of that time was just backing up and restoring my sites. It was a shame that I was treated like this.

I am also facing the same problem. yesterday i upgraded to delux plan. My 2 domain has same name server. secondary domain is not opening.