cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot edit stored procedure in phpmyadmin

Hi ,

I have created a stored procedure in phpmyadmin and now I cannot edit or execute it on phpmyadmin. I called customer support and they told me it is not their responsibility to find out why. I have a user xyz in my database and i tried to grant all previleges and I saw an error 

Access denied for user 'cpses_fr0fk1oDFa'@'localhost' to database 'XXXX'

Not sure why php uses this username: cpses_fr0fk1oDFa, phpmyadmin should be using the username created for the database. I am not sure how to change it or edit stored procedure and GoDaddy is not helping. Not sure what else to do.. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bharani

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Cannot edit stored procedure in phpmyadmin

Hi @bharanimani2005, thanks for posting.

Stored procedures are not specifically supported on GoDaddy hosting. Any stored procedure should also be deterministic. Also, super user privileges are not supported on any shared/web hosting plan. If you find that you need them, you may want to consider using a VPS.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status
New

Re: Cannot edit stored procedure in phpmyadmin

@GaryAwrote:

Hi @bharanimani2005, thanks for posting.

Stored procedures are not specifically supported on GoDaddy hosting. Any stored procedure should also be deterministic. Also, super user privileges are not supported on any shared/web hosting plan. If you find that you need them, you may want to consider using a VPS.

^Gary

Then why does godaddy let us create the stored procedures in the first place? I have lost my code because of that, and no one is helping. The stored procedures are still there and working, but they are suddenly became uneditable , and unexportable.