cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

IP Blocked (?) from my Own Website

I think I might be IP blocked from my own website. I can access it from other networks, but not my own. Via a VPN, I checked the "IP Block" area of CPanel. Nothing was listed, but I doubt it's my network's firewall blocking me.

Hosting: Linux Economy, Shared

4 REPLIES 4
Helper III
Solution

Re: IP Blocked (?) from my Own Website

hello navbarry,

Your issue may be simpler than you think.

if your on windows, open command prompt and run the following command:

ping -n 1 mydomain.com

if your on linux / unix, open terminal and run the following command:

ping -c 1 mydomain.com

replace mydomain.com with your domain.

If the ip returned is the IP of your server, you can get your server ip from http://get-site-ip.com/

if the two ip address match then the issue is firewall related.

if the two ip addresses do not match then the issue is dns related.

to fix the firewall issue simply white list your ip in cpanel.

to fix the dns issue:

clear your browser cache.

close your browser.

if you are running windows, open command prompt and run:

ipconfig /flushdns

if you are running linux/unix, open terminal and run:

sudo /etc/init.d/nscd restart

if you are running windows edit the last line of host file, located at: c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/host

add:

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx                mydomain.com

where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is your server ip and mydomain.com is your domain.

please note that, i offer direct support that is in no way associated with GoDaddy's regular support channels; but, for immediate technical support you can contact me at: https://join.skype.com/t3cxhmNCspqu
New

Re: IP Blocked (?) from my Own Website

I faces the same problem that firewall block some numbers of ips. As you mentioned that for "fix the firewall issue simply white list your ip in cpanel."

How can i whitelist number ips through panel. I'm using shared hosting plan. i check in cpanel but didn't find any link or option to whitelist ips. 

So please help me for whitelist ips.

A specific IP is being blocked access to my website

I have created a php web app with MySQL databases for a dedicated user, and up until yesterday everything was working perfectly, however my dedicated user has an static IP, and apparently it is preventing them access to the app. The system works everywhere but where at my user location, they could connect to it using a proxy server, however is just a patch, I need a solution.

Does anyone know how to handle this situation or where to address this issue?

IP Bans from FTPConnections

Through testing I've just found out Godaddy are banning IPs for invalid FTP connections. I've wasted hours with no help from their support to find the solution to my FTP woes was an IP ban. I simply reset the router for a new IP and it solved the problem.

Can't imagine how many godaddy customers have wasted hours trying solve an issue which they could have easily been made aware of by an email.

Not feeling the love for godaddy!