cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I

Monthly renewal rate went up from last month without any notice from Go Daddy

Went to pay my monthly renewal bill for WordPress hosting and it went from $7.99 to $9.99 from last month without any notice whatsoever , for my 3 sites.

Got the bullsht recording that Go Daddy wants to "Exceed your expectations". Really????

Every time I deal with Go Daddy It leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Time to look elsewhere.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Helper I

Web Host Billing

I have economy hosting for 3 WordPress sites.  It was $7.99 a month, up from $5.99 a month. Now I found out it has gone to $9.99 a month without any notice.

I pay manually every month.  In the  past they told me if I bought the whole 12 months I could get the lower rate of $5.99 a month.

Today they said that this is no longer available. Does anyone know anything about this no longer being available.     They are selling new economy for as little as $2.99 month and a longtime customer like me is going to get screwed like this for $9.99  a month???

Is there any objective party reading this,  that can inform here with no BS???

Thanks for response.

Highlighted
Helper II

Re: Monthly renewal rate went up from last month without any notice from Go Daddy

Highlighted
Helper I

Re: Monthly renewal rate went up from last month without any notice from Go Daddy

Your argument is flawed. My complaint on being notified is more than fair and is within the boundary of ethics for ongoing long term customer pricing.   You buy a car from Ford and drive off the lot ,  and you are no longer their customer.  Go Daddy's model is  that of the ongoing long term customer wrap-up, a completely different beast.  Last summer they said I could pay the full 12 months at $5.99 a month for all 3 sites , and today they said that was no longer available.   I have dozens of domains with private registration, surrounding  my broader business.  I spend a fortune at Go Daddy and expect communication, to be kept informed  and not gouged. I don't care if it's 2 cents,  it's the principle.  Go Daddy reeks of attempting to drain every penny out of every customer.  Their 25% off new products deal is laughable to any established business, who will likely never use it because everything they need is already bought and put into the endless cycle of renewals,  no matter how short or long, which is how Go Daddy exists.

Highlighted

unannounced hosting price increase by Godaddy

Thanks for raising hosting prices by 20% without any notification to your customer.  My price hasn't changed in years until just now.  Was there any communication on this? If not, that's some pretty terrible customer service! guess it might be time to finally find a new host

Highlighted
Helper II

Highlighted

Hi @BennyK.

To clarify, the current renewal rate for the Basic Managed WordPress plans is $7.99/mo and the rate for Deluxe Managed WordPress is $9.99/mo. Did you upgrade your plans?

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status
Highlighted
Helper I

Gary, I did NOT upgrade my hosting yet when I clicked to renew it was $9.99 in the checkout  not $7.99 as it normally is.

Why would it do that since last month was the usual $7.99?

This is why I was saying they raised the price without telling me.

I cleared my cart and clicked again and it was indeed $9.99 so it was not a mistake on GoDaddy's part.

What is going on?

Highlighted
Helper II

Highlighted

Just received this response from a customer service rep:

"Seems that the email will be only sent out once the hosting is about to renew. It was rolled out us just this January. "With their renewals, customers receive a notice with specifics on the price changes""

"Usually a month before the hosting will renew, the system will send out those emails. For those with monthly options, it would be the day before the hosting will renew."

So you pay the increase and THEN you'll receive an email that details the increase. Also, I've learned that your renewal date isn't the date listed in your account, but it's the date 17 days after that date (their grace period for missing a payment) - so you'll get the notification email either when you pay the increased price OR miss the payment and it's day 16.

Highlighted

I have been with godaddy for 7 years or more. My monthly bill which is on auto pay went from $8.99 to $10.99 then to $13.99 since thanksgiving. Oddly i just happened to look at the email. I went back and read every email and statement from godaddy. I was not informed even once about either price change. I am not having dealings with this type of shady practices. 1&1 here I come