• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Wordpress Site won't load on Apple Safari mobile devices

We migrated our Wordpress site to Godaddy a few months ago.  We have a sporadic issue with the site not loading on Apple mobile devices with Safari - the site gets the "Not Found The Requested URL was not found on this server" error (the old 404 error).  This only happens when going to the main page - www.napervillegop.org - if I go to a sub-page such as www.napervillegop.org/events/ the site loads fine.  And the site works fine on all PCs and browsers.  All the plugins and other elements of the site are up to date.  This issue persists when on wifi or on a mobile network.  Clearing the browser cache doesn't work.  I have seen other suggestions on this site, such as clearing IPv6 from DNS, but this site never had IPv6.  

Any suggestions?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@NaperGOPAdmin 

If you are using the GoDaddy Security / Firewall feature than yes - that has a cache as well - if not this will have to get escalated to GoDaddy support from their side of things

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User IV

@NaperGOPAdmin 

If you go to http://www.napervillegop.org/?nocache=1 it works - this tells me it is a cache issue - I would clear the GoDaddy cache as well as any plugin cache you might have as well.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

If I use the nocache option the site loads.

I did just clear the WordPress cache.  That didn't make a difference.  

To try something else, I turned off the Godaddy CDN.  That didn't make a difference either.

Is there another cache I can clear?  In the CDN or the firewall of Godaddy?

Thanks again.

@NaperGOPAdmin 

If you are using the GoDaddy Security / Firewall feature than yes - that has a cache as well - if not this will have to get escalated to GoDaddy support from their side of things

View solution in original post

Hi @NaperGOPAdmin ,

In addition to the steps outlined by @PL281  you might also consider using a tool like BrowserStack to help you sort out some of the problems.  This is a cross-browser testing tool for a TON of browsers with information about how the page is rendered.  There are several others around as well.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites