• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

htaccess file not saving changes

Hi guys, I'm currently trying to connect Vend API to my Managed Wordpress website. I need to insert code into the htaccess file. Every time I do it, a short time later it removes the code and breaks the connection. How can I implement it without the Managed Wordpress reverting the file? Modified code is in red:

# BEGIN WordPress
    # The directives (lines) between "BEGIN WordPress" and "END WordPress" are
    # dynamically generated, and should only be modified via WordPress filters.
    # Any changes to the directives between these markers will be overwritten.
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization},L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

# END WordPress

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User IV

@ParleG 

Based on the quick google search I just did it looks like that commend in the htaccess file ends up setting a server level environment variable and my guess is the reason it is getting removed is for security purposes.

I googled for WordPress Vend API and there are some 3rd party solutions as well as some posts in the Woo Support thread on the Plugin page - you may want to post something there and see about a response.

I have a few 100 sites on Managed WordPress - one of the biggest +/- is that as a managed platform it is locked down so for example you can't upload doc/docx where as on your own server you can. 

If this is a must have, you may have to consider a VPS where you full control over the server

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User IV

@ParleG 

Based on the quick google search I just did it looks like that commend in the htaccess file ends up setting a server level environment variable and my guess is the reason it is getting removed is for security purposes.

I googled for WordPress Vend API and there are some 3rd party solutions as well as some posts in the Woo Support thread on the Plugin page - you may want to post something there and see about a response.

I have a few 100 sites on Managed WordPress - one of the biggest +/- is that as a managed platform it is locked down so for example you can't upload doc/docx where as on your own server you can. 

If this is a must have, you may have to consider a VPS where you full control over the server

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

The issue seems to have resolved itself. After saving the code again, it hasn't been cleared so the integration is working perfectly.  It may have been a random unknown error.