cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

My domain leads to a godaddy parked page

installed wordpress on my new hosting account - everything seemed to be working ok.  I had previously had my domain forwarded and when I switched off the forwarding (I think that is when it happend) all of a sudden I am directed to the godaddy this page is parked page.  I reset my plesk back to original install and reinstalled wordpress.  Still have the problem.  Hope someone can help 🙂 Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: My domain leads to a godaddy parked page

Hey @chaz1819,

First let me say welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

When you removed the forwarding on your domain name, did you also check to make sure your domain is pointing to the hosting nameservers needed for your account. Assuming you are using our cPanel hosting, that link should help you confirm the correct nameservers are being used. 

Also keep in mind that if you just recently removed the forwarding and directed the name to hosting, it might still be in the middle of propagation which can take at least 24 hours (sometimes sooner) to complete. If it's already been a few hours since the update, don't hesitate to reach out to our support who would be happy to double check your DNS settings to be sure it's pointed correctly to your new site. 

Let us know if you manage to get this worked out. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Similar Issue but Search Related

Hi - I am hoping someone can help me. 

Background:

My website is http://eldertech.org.  The nameservers point correctly to my site.  I have a CNAME record that points http://www.eldertech.org at http://eldertech.org.

Problem:

When I do a Google Search on "eldertech.org" it returns :
This web page is parked FREE, courtesy of GoDaddy.com New .COMs ...

www.eldertech.org/
eldertech.org. Learn how you can get this domain »|See more domains like this ». This Web page is parked FREE, courtesy of GoDaddy. 24/7 Support.
as the first result. 

But
when I do a Google Search on "www.eldertech.org" it returns : eldertech.org - GoDaddy
www.eldertech.org/
The domain eldertech.org is no longer parked by GoDaddy.
as the first result. 

Question:
Is this a Google issue or a GoDaddy issue?  How can I resolve it.

Thank you for your help in advance,
Mark
Employee
Employee

Re: Similar Issue but Search Related

Hi @eldertech!

Welcome to the community! What's happened here is that Google crawled and indexed your site prior to it actually pointing to your hosting. What needs to happen to fix this is for them to crawl the site again. They crawl every several weeks. They allow you to request a crawl and index of your site. I suggest giving that a try.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

This web page is parked FREE, courtesy of GoDaddy.com New .COMs ...

Why it showing :-This web page is parked FREE, courtesy of GoDaddy.com New .COMS

I have my own web page tile and some keyworks and description also making for my web page. Still when I search in google home page by typing ashoknetravels.in its showing this tile line This web page is parked FREE, courtesy of GoDaddy.com New .COMs ...

and after that type of message are shown in description line:= Learn how you can get this domain |See more domains like this. This Web page is parked FREE, courtesy of GoDaddy. 24/7 Support.

When I contact with 24 hours help service they forcing me to procure SEO package. I have already know every stapes of SEO. Still, why they are forcing the same. Kindly reply the solution AEAP.

New

i am also having the same problem, i clone my wp website to a new domain on godaddy cpanel but the domain is pointing to a godaddy parked page. while the wp admin page is pointing to a 403 forbidden page. pls can someone help

Solution

Hi @afrief! Thanks for being part of the GoDaddy Community!

It sounds to me like the IP address on your domain is not pointing to the IP address of your Managed WordPress. You will want to use these steps to find the correct IP address to your site. 

Once you have the IP address, you can change the A record on your domain. 

As with all DNS changes, allow a few hours to pass for the changes to propagate (up to 24 hours), and then you should see the WordPress site as well as access the WP Admin.

Hope this helps!

KristyW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.