cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Need LOC and SPF RR types

I need to provide an LOC record on my firewall so that location-aware services run correctly on my networks.  Unfortunately, the "Manage DNS" web GUI has limited record types (NS, A, AAA, CNAME, MX, etc.)

I tried to file a "feature request" or "Request For Enhancement (RFE)" but there's no such thing on the support portal.

Also, not having native SPF record support is an issue.  Support will say "Just use TXT records but not all MTA's (mail transfer agents) support that.  Some really do require SPF (type 99) records."

Do I need to switch providers to get this functionality?  (Yeah, I could run Bind locally and just do zone transfers, but then what am I paying for?)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@philipp64 

My suggestion is to use CloudFlare for your DNS as they have both of these records plus many more. 

I've done DNS hosting with many providers - and your post asking for this was the first I had even heard / seen a LOC  record type - I also had never seen a specific SPF record - even some of the major mail providers AWS / Mailgun / Sendgrid just ask for the TXT record for it

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@philipp64 

My suggestion is to use CloudFlare for your DNS as they have both of these records plus many more. 

I've done DNS hosting with many providers - and your post asking for this was the first I had even heard / seen a LOC  record type - I also had never seen a specific SPF record - even some of the major mail providers AWS / Mailgun / Sendgrid just ask for the TXT record for it

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post