cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Opening actual HTML/CSS documents of website

I've recently made a website with this service and it appears to be actually impossible to edit the raw HTML of the website, and It seems that I'm forced to edit the website with the website builder, which is a huge bummer as the builder is extremely restricted and I feel that I don't really have much control over my website. Can anyone help me to any solutions of being able to open the actual files in my website? I'm willing to switch to a different service If there is nothing left I can do. Any and all help is appreciated, thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @phoenix820,

Welcome to the Community!

If you wish to build a website where you can edit the CSS and HTML, your better hosting option is a cPanel hosting plan. You can install and use various applications on this plan in which you can take these actions. If you would like to use WordPress to build and edit your website, you can still go with the cPanel plan, or choose a Managed WordPress hosting plan to take care of some of the regular updating, backups and scans recommended. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II

The website builder platform is simplified and intended for people who don't want to deal with the code.

Hi @phoenix820,

Welcome to the Community!

If you wish to build a website where you can edit the CSS and HTML, your better hosting option is a cPanel hosting plan. You can install and use various applications on this plan in which you can take these actions. If you would like to use WordPress to build and edit your website, you can still go with the cPanel plan, or choose a Managed WordPress hosting plan to take care of some of the regular updating, backups and scans recommended. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post