cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Removing privacy

I want to transfer my domains to another registrar as GoDaddy is much more expensive as most other registrars. In order to do this, you must first remove domain privacy (which makes no sense). 

Now I removed domain lock and private registration but I still cannot do it, I just get a silly error that really isn't helpful.

Screen Shot 2019-12-15 at 17.37.00.png

Does anyone know what am I missing as I cannot find anything else anywhere?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @7loops and @sethnova,

Welcome to the Community!

There are two things to look for if you are unable to remove the privacy on a domain. Your first action should be to attempt the removal in a private/Incognito browsing window (to remove your local browser caching). This should work for most errors. 

You may not be able to remove the privacy if you have had Protected Registration placed on the domain. Protected Registration prevents the unintentional transfer or expiration of a domain, while providing the privacy on the domain as part of the package. You'll need to first remove this protection, then you'll be able to remove the privacy.

REMOVE PROTECTED REGISTRATION

REMOVE PRIVACY

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I'm having the same issue here. Can't remove privacy and this is stopping me from transferring my domain. Can't even contact support. I'm extremely disappointed with this service.

Hi @7loops and @sethnova,

Welcome to the Community!

There are two things to look for if you are unable to remove the privacy on a domain. Your first action should be to attempt the removal in a private/Incognito browsing window (to remove your local browser caching). This should work for most errors. 

You may not be able to remove the privacy if you have had Protected Registration placed on the domain. Protected Registration prevents the unintentional transfer or expiration of a domain, while providing the privacy on the domain as part of the package. You'll need to first remove this protection, then you'll be able to remove the privacy.

REMOVE PROTECTED REGISTRATION

REMOVE PRIVACY

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post