cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not connect to SMTP host

In my website, we have a piece of code that use to send email to my website users but it STOPPED working. We have setup SMTP server: smtp.office365.com, port: 587 and use email address that I have setup for the domain.  
Error we are getting is "Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.office365.com, port: 587".

I have used chat support and tried various alternatives suggested by Godaddy support. None of the option worked and its almost a Week.
I appreciate if you do needful and expedite resolution.

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Hi @dipeshkpatel101. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! 

Sorry to hear you're finding yourself in this situation. I can tell you for sure that our hosting plans are generally restricted to sending email from the server relay-hosting.secureserver.net. If you were using our hosting and were able to send from a different server previously, it may have been due to a misconfiguration. Additionally, if you're trying to use an Office365 email account as an SMTP server, our Office plans are not set up to allow for this. As with the hosting, if it was working previously, it probably wasn't supposed to be. Sorry Man Sad

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.