cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Domain Forwarding Not Working

I created a gmail account and setup forwarding in GoDaddy to forward all emails to that gmail account.  However, only emails directly to the gmail account are working, and emails sent to my domain email (forwarded) return as undeliverable.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Domain Forwarding Not Working

If I'm reading correctly you are setting up your custom domain email as fowards to Gmail @mycruiseguy? So basically when mail is sent to info@yourcustomdomain.com your intention is to have it forward to youraddr@gmail.com but the sender gets a email undeliverable bounceback? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Highlighted

That is correct @rd.  It shows correctly in GoDaddy under Workspace Control Center in that it is a Forward account (and catch all for domain), but emails to the domain email do not go through...only emails directly to gmail address.

Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

I know that Gmail has some strong spam filtering, I'm almost wondering if the catchall could be the culprit @mycruiseguy. Does a email address not active as a catchall work properly? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head