cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Email avatar when using Gmail

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to change this avatar? I've imported a GoDaddy email account into gmail for my wife and I can't see where this image is controlled. At the moment it looks poor with the '?' !

IMG_54EC18597859-1.jpeg

Thanks so much! Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Email avatar when using Gmail

@markladson 

Take a look at https://customer.io/docs/adding-sender-image It seems to may have something to do with have a Gravatar account which some email clients use and I'm guessing if the sender has it configured then it uses the image they have configured

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@markladson 

This isn't really a GoDaddy question - but more so a Google Question - the answer is you need to add that email address to the address book and add a photo

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Highlighted

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate you taking the time to look at this.

I was, however, trying to configure the default avatar that is not determined by the receiver. If you or anyone knows how to set this in go daddy webmail that would be wonderful.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@markladson 

Those avatars are not set by the sender but rather the email program / client of the receiver

Highlighted

I can see why you might assume that - I may also have done so. But it's incorrect.

I have numerous emails from a third-party whom I have never added to my address book but do have an avatar assigned.

Thank you for persisting with your advice.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@markladson 

Take a look at https://customer.io/docs/adding-sender-image It seems to may have something to do with have a Gravatar account which some email clients use and I'm guessing if the sender has it configured then it uses the image they have configured

View solution in original post