cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Email not delivering, coming up with error report.

i got this error when i tried sending mails to my webmail. What can be done? what is the issue?

550 Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client. mail-wm1-f46.google.com [209.85.128.46]:52500 is not permitted to relay through this server without authentication.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Email not delivering, coming up with error report.

@Lateef1 

The MX record is going to point to where you mail is hosted.... for example if the mail is hosted on the same server as your website...

You could setup an A record for mail.rashidatadekeye.com which  points to the same IP as your @ record.

Then you would create an mx record that points to mail.rashidatadekeye.com

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Lateef1 

Where are you sending from and do you have your user / password entered for the sending server

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Highlighted

Thank you for the response,

I tried sending a mail from a regular gmail account to an account created from the cpanel, it doesnt even land in the mail at all, i also get the error message attached. 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Lateef1 

Are you using the Gmail webmail (http://mail.google.com) or an email client on your computer

That authentication error is google saying you need to "login" in order to send - so in other words in your mail program you need to make sure that outgoing server requires authentication is checked.

Highlighted

Message not delivered Your message couldn't be delivered to admin@rashidatadekeye.com because the remote server is misconfigured. See technical details below for more information. The response from the remote server was: 550 Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client. mail-lf1-f47.google.com [209.85.167.47]:33213 is not permitted to relay through this server without authentication. Above is the message i get, i am able to send mails to other account from the same email account. Also, other people have tried sending to the email address and get similar error messages

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Lateef1 

It appears that rashidatadekeye.com does not have an MX record configured.

You'll need to add that in the DNS to point to where the mail account is setup

Highlighted

hmmmm

Will look into that and get back to you. 

Thank you

Highlighted

My first time encountering such an issue, I have been wondering where it should point to, I tried using the nameserver but I'm still experiencing the same issue

Thank you for helping

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@Lateef1 

The MX record is going to point to where you mail is hosted.... for example if the mail is hosted on the same server as your website...

You could setup an A record for mail.rashidatadekeye.com which  points to the same IP as your @ record.

Then you would create an mx record that points to mail.rashidatadekeye.com

View solution in original post