cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Office 365 and Domain Redirect

Hey everyone, I appreciate any and all help with this. I've spoken with the GoDaddy help line, but I'm still not 100% comfortable with the answers. I would like to direct a URL towards hosting on BlueHost. Currently the domain is pointed to a splash page elsewhere. When I do this, I need to make sure that the GoDaddy Office 365 email connected to the domain is unaffected. I was under the impression I could do this by updating the "a record" in the DNS settings and pointing it towards the new IP. Will this point the page elsewhere without making any changes to the email or loosing any of its messages? Thanks again!

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Hi @Jinchu. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! 

If you update the A Record for your domain to point to another host, that shouldn't affect your email. That would be affected by your MX Records. The only exception I can think of is if you were using cPanel email and the mail.domain.com was a CNAME pointing to @ instead of an A Record pointing to the IP of the hosting plan. Either way, it sounds like it should be fine as long as you're only changing the A Record. Updating the domain's nameservers would be a different story. Sorry for any confusion. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.