cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

moving email from godaddy to my own Office365 account

Since we have now a Office365 company account I want to move my email account away from the Office365 account we have at GoDaddy.

But when I go through the wizard in Office365 to verify a domain from GoDaddy, I get an error message after verifying my login in GoDaddy: "nameofmysite.com was already added to a different Office 365 account NETORGxxxxxxx.onmicrosoft.com".

I tried to delete the email address in godaddy, but did not help.

How do I disconnect/remove the Office365 account in GoDaddy from my domain?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: moving email from godaddy to my own Office365 account

Hey @paololeva

First let me say welcome to the community! Glad you join us! Smiley Happy

That's actually an issue specific to your account that you'll need to call in to our live support so our email team can help clear that up. You can call in or start a chat session from the buttons at the top or bottom of this page. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

@paololeva,

I am having the same exact problem so I'm wondering if you able to get an answer from customer support and resolve this? I'm having no luck. I already purchased office 365, 2016 version before I purchased my domain names and guess I signed on for the 365 email as well, not sure how. But if you have been able to switch your email to your own office account will you please share with me how. Thanks!

it's been taking me 3 days to resolve..... godaddy blames microsoft and microsoft blames godaddy...why can't you two just get along?

New

Hi there, 

Just wondered if you had any luck with this?  I'm looking at t now, the mind boggles!

Cheers.

Me problem right now.  I actually have several domains so they suggested I simply "change the domain".  That has not worked.  Said I had to call in.  They said they would do it and it could take 24 hours. Still has not worked.  Quite frustrating to say the least.

New

Did anyone get a valid solution to this?

This is very frustrating!!!

Has anyone found a solution to this? I've tried both Outlook and Apple Mail both.

I have had numerous unexplainable issues with mail, which is a 365 office version purchased through GoDaddy. Trying to go straight to Microsoft to purchase a program has proved to be next to impossible. GoDaddy support is not helpful and I have found that it is impossible to troubleshoot and/or correct problems because GoDaddy has hijacked certain administrative controls so it is not possible to administer my OWN business account, nor am I able to determine why certain mail is not being sent and/or received. This is unacceptable.

exact same issues -- the only way to straighten it out is to move your domain to a less controlling and intrusive hosting service. 

How is this marked as resolved?  The so called solution just says contact support but many comments say that hasn't helped them, one even states 3 days after asking support for help it still isn't resolved.  Another says they've contacted both GoDaddy and Microsoft and neither can resolve it.

This is clearly not resolved.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi all,

Here's an article that I thought would be helpful to you as you're looking to potentially do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_o365admin-mso_upgrade/move-office-365-em.... Hope it helps!

Rachel