cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lisak8r
New

SSL certificate not valid - HELP!

Hi I am super worried I went through the steps the GoDaddy support chat agent told me to do and install a basic SSL cert on my site. That was Saturday May 2 at 3:00pm and I am still seeing the certificate checker throwing errors: Could not retrieve certificate, unable to verify, No encryption methods found, An HTTPS connection could not be made to 184.168.229.1:443 etc basically all errors. 

Should I be worried or do i just have to wait one more day for the full 72 hours to pass before I call support again?

URL: lkrdesign.com

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
PL281
Super User II

@lisak8r 

This looks like an issue that although the SSL Certificate is installed SSL is not enabled on this account - This is not a time issue but rather a server issue, and you will need to call back into support.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

I am also seeing SSL certs failing. Specifically, php calls to file_get_contents() are failing for because the cert in question can't be verified. The cert in question is a Sectigo issued cert that was just renewed 1 May.  I think maybe Sectigo has updated their CA certs and the GoDaddy server certs need to be updated accordingly.  Anyway, this indeed may be a GoDaddy issue. Tell them to check that their shared server SSL CA keys are up to date.

You are both correct! I called suppprt again and finally got the truth,
that this is a known issue and they don’t have enough people free due to
COVID to resolve this quickly so there is no ETA!
--

Lisa Kate Radden
Founder & LX Designer, LKR design
email: lisa@lkrdesign.com
http://www.lkrdesign.com
Instagram: @LisaKateRadden
LinkedIn: /LisaKateRadden

Mohamed Younis