cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Transaction ID and Security code for Add Transfer Code?

I have transfer auth code from my domain provider. But I click add transfer code, it prompt me for Transaction ID and Security code. Where do I get these code?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Transaction ID and Security code for Add Transfer Code?

Hi @dee

Those are codes that we email to the Administrative email address for the domain name. You may want to check your spam/bulk mail folder to see if the email was filtered incorrectly. If you are unsure what the Administrative email address is or if you need to change it, you will need to contact your current domain registrar for assistance.
^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status
Helper V

@GaryA, we probably should add that privacy features often prevent us from doing what you are saying. The GoDaddy instructions for transferring a domain to GoDaddy say to turn off privacy. This is necessary to receive the email you describe unless the privacy service forwards the messages sent to the Administrative email address. It is my understanding that GoDaddy's privacy service does provide email forwarding but when transferring to GoDaddy that is not relevant.

Good catch @SamHobbs!

Privacy could also cause issues with receiving the Transaction ID and Security Code. It should be disabled prior to transferring the domain name.
To clarify GoDaddy's privacy service, it does include email forwarding but we require that you remove privacy to transfer the domain name.
^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status
Helper V

If GoDaddy's registration requires us to turn off privacy for any reason then I need to continue searching for a registrar that provides privacy that does not require that. I suppose that people with plenty of money to spend can hire an attorney to act as a proxy or something like that.

I recently transfered two domains to Godaddy, and they showed that I need to enter Transfer id and security code.. but that I didn't get in the admin's email of old owner.. However, I did enter the authoriztion code while transferring..

rather than the transfer id and security code, I got an email in which I was asked to click on a "Approve" button. So I did, and Now I am seeing that "processing transfer" and when I click on ? it says => We're waiting for approval from the sending registrar, which can take up to 7 days.

This means, all done, I just have to wait to get it transferred, right? Nothing next to do??