cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can't import my blogger XML file to wordpress hosting

I have a 6 year old blog on blogger and have just bought my first WordPress hosted site (Basic GoDaddy Wordpress Hosting).

I 'm having trouble importing my blogger xml file using the WordPress import tool. Each time I upload the xml file I get the following message after the upload has happened:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas04_data02/37/3818237/html/wp-content/plugins/blogger-importer/blogger-importer.php on line 227

My XML Blogger file is only 12.4MB and I honestly have no idea what the above warning message means. I need someone who is a bit more 'techy' to translate for me LOL.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Not applicable

Re: Can't import my blogger XML file to wordpress hosting

Hi,

I'll be straight, I am a developer and know nothing about Wordpress but lots about coding. This file you need uploaded, that's it, it just needs to get there right? Does it matter how?

you should place it on your desktop of your computer. Just so it's there to see. Go login to your cPanel and into your file manager. It may ask which directory you wish to enter, public_html. You will see an option to upload a file at the top. From here choose browse computer, you know the file you placed on desktop. Upload. This can only upload one at a time, but that's good enough here. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Good luck. 

Highlighted
Retired
Not applicable

Re: Can't import my blogger XML file to wordpress hosting

If you in meanwhile find another solution then I would be interested to learn it. Thanks.