cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Core file modified - very frustrating

Hello,

Over the past few days I have been experiencing weird issues with my site (www.comicbookglobal.com). I'm constantly logged out, to the point I couldn't even log in this morning for about a half an hour. When I'm logged in, modifications don't save. Blog posts have issues with appearing on the site, and editing them is tough because it keeps reverting back to old drafts. It seemed to me like the root of all the problems was the same, and I think it most likely has to do with the cache. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm far from a professional at the technical side of any of this.

I was able to run a Wordfence scan a few nights ago and it told me that a core file had been modified right around the same time the problem began (I think it was wp-includes/load.png but I could be wrong), and that a function had been added (it showed me the exact function and the line and it did involve caching... that's about all I could get out of it).

I connected to the site via FTP but I couldn't modify the file because I didn't have the right permissions.

The problem now is I can't seem to pull up the same information about the file because I can't stay logged into my site long enough to get the info!

Please help!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Core file modified - very frustrating

Hi @jmbehr12. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

I think what you're experiencing is related to the issue discussed on this topic. Updating the files suggested there should help with this issue. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.