cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

My website is down, please help?

Hello, it's my first time posting here. 

my website is http://whatsmarieupto.com/ and I have trouble accessing it. 

It displays the following message: 503 Service Unavailable. (No server is available to handle this request.)

It's connected to Wordpress, I cannot log in to my dashboard / wp-admin either- not on the browser, nor the app on my phone.

When I go to http://whatsmarieupto.com/wp-admin/ it displays a different message: 500 Internal Server Error. (The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log.)

What does this mean and how can I fix it? 

Thanks in advance.

Edit//   1. New error message while accessing the website through Godaddy's managed wordpress link- 502 Bad Gateway.

2. Tried FileZilla to find

.htaccess
web.config
plugins

None of these files show up in file search or anywhere else. 

3. Found plugins, renamed it to

plugins.deactivate 

no results so far. 

4. Found a second folder called plugins, can't rename it, the following message shows up:

mv /home/ myusername /html/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin/plugins /home/ myusername /html/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin/plugins.deactivate: permission denied

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I've managed to getthrough to a human at GoDaddy and they are aware of an issue affecting Managed Wordpress

View solution in original post

Hi everyone - our website seems to be working again now.

Fiona.

Hi Judith:

I think I'm getting somewhere. First, I couldn't find the "online chat" button for while until I realized I'm a night person and it's only available daytime. I found it today. They were a tremendous help and along with what you helped me with and what they told me I'm almost to where I was before. Just an FYI, When you enroll for the Wordpress program with GD they set the domain that's hosting to "Parked" then you only use WP. Tech support told me to unpark it and it worked. Also, If you remember, I couldn't change the "A" setting as it had no "pen" next to it. I had the domain redirected to my home server so the "A" was not available. 

One last question I'll need to ask Tech support unless you might know the answer. Now I have everything pointing correctly (I think) I'm getting a "Page not found" error. I checked my site and I have both default.htm and index.htm neither are loading. Does Godaddy use a different default page? I know you don't use GD for hosting but thought you might know.

I want to thank you VERY MUCH for all your help and patience with me.  I was almost ready to take a sledge hammer to this computer (until I realized that wouldn't help 🙂 ). 

For instance:  www.grand-resorts.org is pointing to my website but isn't loading a default page.

=Dave R=

PS: Just curious, who do you use for web hosting? If you don't mind my asking.

@resorts 

Good news that everything has worked out for you!

WordPress sites do not have .htm/.html index files.  So I would delete those. 

As far as who I use and can therefore recommend, I do note that on my site and don't think it is appropriate to post here.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"No pressure, no diamonds." Thomas Carlyle

27 REPLIES 27

Same I haven't accessed my website through wordpress over the last couple of days. Went to check it today and now my whole site is down and I cant access it through Godaddy or anywhere 

What have you tried so far? 

I've managed to getthrough to a human at GoDaddy and they are aware of an issue affecting Managed Wordpress

Same they gave no time frame on when it could be done  but they said they know about it. I guess theres nothing we can do but sit and wait 

Yeah, no timescales given.

Just need to work out how to backup my sites when they come back up........

Capture.JPG

I'm having the same problem Marie, and I can't seem to access the chat facility on the Godaddy website either. Tried down detector and there don't appear to be any operational issues reported. Anyone else?

Glad I'm not the only one.. 

Hi everyone - our website seems to be working again now.

Fiona.

I can't even post here except as a reply to an existing post. Please excuse how I am posting this. 

Has anyone found a solution to this? I also have lost all access to my websites recently. Has GD made major changes lately? Also, PLEASE, how can I remove Wordpress from here? I don't use it and it "seems" to be interfering with my websites.

Thanks

=Dave R.=

Hello, Has Godaddy recently changed web hosting? A few weeks ago all was working fine and I could do all my website mods etc. Yesterday I went to one of my websites and it wouldn't load. I then went to GD and found everything different. In trying to get to someplace on GD that I could recognize I accidentally engaged Wordpress (I don't use it) and GoCentral (again, I don't use it). Now I can't remove either of these. Are these interfering with my websites? Nothing seems the same. I have basic web hosting on one of my domains that I can't even point my domain to. Can someone at least PLEASE show my how to get my domain back to default so I can take it from there?

@resorts 

Web hosting is always evolving but nothing major that I am aware of in the last month.  The first thing that come to mind is either your payment method was expired and your products unable to renew or you've been hacked.  Make sure you pay met information is updated and that your account has your correct email address.

Either way only GoDaddy can help you to determine what is going on.

Since we cannot "see" your control panel, what products you are actually using or dashboard, your best bet is to get on the phone with support and explain a) what you are experiencing and b) what products you accidentally ordered so they can be cancelled.   The sooner you do this the better.

For a) GD support will be able to explain any changes that you are not familiar with and guide you.  For b) also make sure you have auto-renew turned off to avoid any additional charges.

HTH! 😉

Judith

Hi Judith:

Thanks but, I'm all paid up and no other changes. There definitely HAS been changes to GD domain control pages as well as website pages. I've been with GD for YEARS (maybe 10+) and have 4 domains and a basic website with them and up until now I've LOVED GD. Unfortunately lately I'm really disappointed with them and am considering moving out. I consider myself a semi-knowledgeable novice but over the years GD has had me use Frontpage then discontinued it. Then they had me use Expressions and discontinued it. Now I understand they want us to use Wordpress of which I am unfamiliar. I "think" when I clicked on it to see what it was like it installed itself on my website and now I can't even get my domains to point to my GD hosted website. No even mentioning what GoCentral is or does. Sorry for the rant but it's really frustrating. There's no sense in my contacting support until I decide if I'm staying with GD or not. Thanks again for the reply.

Also, There use to be an online chat that's no longer available. Just the new "help" system. 

@resorts 

I understand your frustration and am sorry to hear all that!   I logged into my account and don't see anything different than what I am used to, hence my response.   Being I don't work for GD, I'm not privvy to anything going on in the background or for services I don't use.

For your domains, did you check that your domain's DNS names servers are the default GoDaddy servers?

If you want to PM me with more details, I'd be happy to help if I can... 😉

Judith

Hi Muse:

Thanks for the reply. Not sure if I should be replying to this by email or directly on the board so I used both. I hate to have you go out of your way for my personal frustrations. 🙂

What might help if you know, What is/are the default DNS address(es) of Go daddy. I "think" I have them set but they don't go to my site. I have filezilla (GD recommended) running and all my original files and directories are there but I can't get my domains to point to them. At this point I have things so fragged up I'm almost to a point of giving up.

Just fyi, Here are the "test" domains I am using that are all messed up:

This one I have pointing to my home personal server and is still working.
www.grand-resorts.net  (I use this as my pre-publishing working domain)

This one I haven't "fooled" with yet. It was working but now seems to be only partly working.

If you can please tell me the default DNS settings for a domain that has a webhosting on GD I "may" be able to figure it out from there. I just don't want to bother you too much.

Thanks for ANY help you can offer.

=Dave R=

@resorts 

I checked the domains that are having issues and both are on the default GoDaddy nameservers.  So the next thing I would look at is the full DNS record for something that doesn't need to be there or is conflicting.

Do you have any A records pointing to an IP that is not the current IP?

Judith

Thanks Judith. But I think I'm giving up on Godaddy. My A record cannot be changed and I don't know where it's pointing to (184.168.131.241) and everything I try just makes things worse.

Thanks again

=DRR=

@resorts 

You should have total control over your DNS.  This tells me something else is at work here.  

Are these domains forwarded (on the bottom of the page with your DNS).  If so, you'll need to delete forwarding, which should make the A record editable/delete-able.

Also, did you try the steps here?  My concern is this may not be a "GoDaddy thing" just an overall setting we are not checking.  Moving won't solve that.  😉

HTH!

Judith

I deleted the domain forwarding and now without the www it goes to "This domain is parked for free" With the www it goes to page not found.. I have no idea what Godaddy is doing. I get the feeling it's nothing I'm doing. I have NEVER had this kind of problems with GD. 

@resorts 

I understand your frustration, however, this is about DNS record settings and would happen on any registrar.  You are in control of those settings and can affect them based on many variables. In this case, forwarding.

Now, for the www issue, what you need to do is create a CNAME record.  Using one of the domains you noted as an example:

Type: CNAME  Name: www  Value: grand-resorts.org

HTH! 😉

Judith