cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Scribbles, Primer Child theme header

I've been able to change the header size to accommodate a larger image size, but now I want to 

1- remove the transparency. I cannot remove the hero background color which creates a tint over the image I added to the background. I currently have it set as a white background in the customizer. 

2- I don't want the image to appear on every page. Instead, I want a colored background (so the page name appears). I haven't successfully changed this in the CSS. 

I haven't been able to change this via css. Any help would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@stacysjensen - If the background color is somehow tinting your image, then perhaps the image is layered behind it somehow. Maybe you could try using z-index to move the image up. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Hi @stacysjensen. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! I'm not great with CSS but I did find the overlay for the content in the Hero widget. If you want to get rid of that, you can use this:

div.hero-inner {
  visibility:hidden;
}

However, based on what you've described, I'm not sure that's what you're looking for. If you can provide more information and screenshots, that might help others in the Community offer suggestions. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thank you. The overlay in this case isn't the thing I need to change. I want to keep the page title in that div.hero-inner. 

The Header has a background color. I added an image into the div.hero. (I applied only to the home page with the page id to resolve my second question 🙂

The background color in the header is creating a tint/opacity over the image. I can't remove this. When I use background-color in the CSS it expects a color. I've not been able to figure out how to remove the color properly so the image can show clearly on this page. I appreciate your help JesseW.

@stacysjensen - If the background color is somehow tinting your image, then perhaps the image is layered behind it somehow. Maybe you could try using z-index to move the image up. 

View solution in original post

Thank you!