• VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

CGI programming with python

How do I run a CGI script on a shared server in godaddy? I have tried the methods explained on various websites to no avail

2 REPLIES 2
    Community Team
    Community Team

Hello @obIzu, if you're still having trouble, can you give us an example of what you've tried and what error messages you're receiving when you try to execute the script?  A bit more information could help someone identify ways to help you get this working properly.  Thanks.  

MPC

I created (not uploaded) a file within cpanel named test.py, a python file and typed code inside. I placed it in both the home folder (home directory name is home/izunna) and the cgi-bin folder at 2 different times.
    When it was stored in the home folder, I visited the urls izuchukwuobi.com/test.py and izuchukwuobi.com/home/izunna/test.py on the web browser (Chrome) but I kept receiving a "404 error file not found" message (izuchukwuobi.com being the domain name.)
    With the file in the cgi-bin, I visited izuchukwuobi.com/public_html/cgi-bin/test.py and izuchukwuobi.com/home/izunna/public_html/cgi-bin/test.py. However, it also repeated the 404 error detailed above.
    In all the cases above, I set the file and folder permissions to 0755.