cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Team Speak 3 Installation

Hello,

I have hosting from godaddy and i want to install ts3 to my linux based hosting. I don't know how to do it. Is anyone can explain this step by step.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Solution

Re: Team Speak 3 Installation

Hey @PilotOmerAslan,

As @JesseW mentioned, that's likely not going to function properly as the plan you described is part of our shared hosting environment. The system requirements and resources needed for this application are more demanding than our shared hosting services can accommodate.

Unfortunately, this is an application that would be better served on a Virtual Private Server or Dedicated Server platform.  

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
    Highlighted
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @PilotOmerAslan

If you could post what kind of hosting you have, that may help others answer your question Smiley Wink If you have a shared hosting account (Web Hosting, cPanel Hosting, or Plesk Hosting), you probably won't have the permissions necessary to install this application. From what I saw while searching online, a VPS environment is usually needed. 

Perhaps there's someone in the Community that's already done something similar. Chime in if you can!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Highlighted

Hi,

I have deluxe hosting with CPannel but i am not sure what i have exactly. It says 'Deluxe Linux Hosting with cPanel' I actually install the Ts3 and it says working. But i can not connect it. On the tutorial, it says connect with putty as a root. I connect with putty but not as a root. I don't know how to do it. I hope i can make this some how.

Highlighted
    Solution

Hey @PilotOmerAslan,

As @JesseW mentioned, that's likely not going to function properly as the plan you described is part of our shared hosting environment. The system requirements and resources needed for this application are more demanding than our shared hosting services can accommodate.

Unfortunately, this is an application that would be better served on a Virtual Private Server or Dedicated Server platform.  

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Ok thanks.

Highlighted
    New

Trouble running TeamSpeak: VPS Throttle, resource restriction?

I have a Linus CentOS 6.5 VPS with apache - 1 website, TeamSpeak 3 server, 1 CSSource server.

Even if CS server is not running, the TeamSpeak server lags out at 10 or more users. At around 20 users everyone's inbound packet loss to the server is around 80%, 10 users it's about 20%.

I have no idea what could be causing this issue when the simultaneous connections get to 10+ on TeamSpeak, some days we can get to 16+ before packet loss comes in. Some users may be fine for a few minutes and then it seems like the server is being throttled. 

Could https://www.godaddy.com/help/resource-limits-12001 be causing me any issues with the server, or is there some stupid system that is in GoDaddy's version of CentOS. I have TS servers for other clans I manage on Debian, Ubuntu, Windows, even Raspian that don't have these issues that I am experiencing on GoDaddy's servers. 

Is it  some sort od DDoS protection VoIP throttling?

With everything running CPU 20% and ram are around 300mb. Nice of -15 doesn't even help.

Can anyone shed any light on this bizarre issue? 

Highlighted

Re: VPS Throttle, resource restriction?

Hey @Strom1

Afraid I'm not familiar with the setup of TeamSpeak server, however I noticed you referenced an article about resource limits that are specific to our shared cPanel hosting plans. I just wanted to take a moment to clarify that those specified limits should not be directly affecting you if you're on a VPS environment. 

If you haven't done so already, you may want to reach out to our Server Support Team as they can help look into the server plan you have directly and provide suggestions on what resources you should be able to modify to increase the performance during your peak connection times. 

Let us know if you manage to get this worked out. Until then, perhaps another member more familiar with setting up a TeamSpeak server may be able to offer some additional insights. 

Highlighted
    New

Firewall change / TeamSpeak connection

Hello,

I am trying to integrate my TeamSpeak server with my PHPBB forum hosted at GoDaddy. The TeamSpeak extension for PHPBB needs to connect to my TeamSpeak server over port 10011. It seems as though my web server / PHPBB server cannot make an outbound connection over TCP 10011. Is there a firewall setting that I can change? I do not see one. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
    Employee
    Employee

Re: Firewall change / TeamSpeak connection

Hello @c0nd0r!

Welcome to the community! To help everyone understand your situation better, can you provide some additional information? Hosting operating system, hosting type, etc. Thanks!

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Highlighted
    New

Re: Firewall change / TeamSpeak connection

Thanks @Heather. I have Linux hosting with cPanel according to the login screen. Is that what you need?

Highlighted

TeamSpeak 3 DNS

Hello,

I'm quite new to all this DNS news.

I have purchased a Domain from this site example.com. I wish to use this domain for my TeamSpeak 3 server.

I made an A Record, the host is ts3.example.com pointing to my TS3s IP Address.

I then made an SRV Record with this information

Service: _ts3
    Prot: _Udp
    name: example.com
    target: ts3.example.com
    Priority: 0
    weight: 10
    Port: my port for ts3
    TTL: 1 Day

I do this and I try using: ts3.example.com to connect to my TS3 server and it does not work, could someone explain what I'm doing wrong, in simple folk talk as this is confusing me a little.

Help is much appreciated!

Highlighted
    Employee
    Employee

Re: TeamSpeak 3 DNS

Hello @Robinson!

Welcome to the community! Do you have an IP address that your TeamSpeak server is hosted at? If you do, you want to use these instructions for adding a subdomain.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Highlighted

TeamSpeak SRV Problem: "Failed to connect to server" (most times)

We currently host our TeamSpeak servers through a shared network, and it works fine. I've attached the IP and the port to the sub-domain, thus meaning, I have had to add a new host / SRV record into my domain.

It works, however joining is not always 100%. It has a high percentage rate of "[Failing] to connect to server", but will connect sometimes, like this:
    http://i.imgur.com/mqPEnzC.png

Running a TeamSpeak server, I can't have people joining with the sub-domain to connect and failing, and having to retry until they get in. I need them to be able to connect 100% of the time using the sub-domain. That said, here's what my sub-domain records look like(the URL's are correct, because like I said, I can connect sometimes to the teamspeak server using it):

http://i.imgur.com/QNARaq4.png

http://i.imgur.com/2Cnxv52.png

Any help is appreciated.