• GoDaddy Community
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

VPS Storage - Where Has My Disk Space Gone?

I have a 240 GB VPS server with 1 major website on it, and 5 other small ones.  When I say small, I mean less than 1 GB each.  Here's what it reads when I login to root and do a df-h:

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/xxxxxxxxx  237G 202G 25G 89% /
    none 4.0G 4.0K 4.0G 1% /dev
    none 4.0G 0 4.0G 0% /dev/shm

I go into every directory under HOME and the largest one is 82 GB.  The others count for a COMBINED total of 881 MB. 

So my question is where are the other 120 GB? I could understand a fairly substantial amount for OS, but certainly not that much unaccounted for.  I have tried chat support and they only suggest a server audit which costs $80.  I just want to know where the storage that I already paid for is, and I'm no Linux guru.  Any help would be much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
    Highlighted
    Super User I
    Super User I

Re: VPS Storage - Where Has My Disk Space Gone?

@ScottieD_FLH, looking at your results that you shared, "/dev/xxxx" has a total size of 237GB,  is currently using 202GB, and have 25GB free, and showing it being your root directory.

You might try the following:

df -hT /

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
    Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***