cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    New

VPS (my server) Hosting

I bought VPS hosting from godaddy and domain name elsewhere. I created a website using my domain name. The website I created is not opening in the browser. Please what can I do to make the website work.
    1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: VPS (my server) Hosting

@Mild - Looks like the nameservers the domain is using aren't providing any records. Looking online, it appears the domain is using:

• ns1.web4africa.com
    • ns2.web4africa.com
    • ns3.web4africa.com
    • ns4.web4africa.com

If you're hosting the domain's DNS with this provider, you'll want to check with them to find out why the domain isn't resolving. If you have DNS setup with GoDaddy, you may just need to update the domain to point to the right nameservers (with your registrar). For information on finding the right nameservers to use, please see this article

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Highlighted
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hey there @Mild. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! A website not resolving can be caused by many things. If you can provide your domain name as well as any errors you're seeing, that may help others offer suggestions. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Highlighted
    New

Hi JesseW,

Thanks for your response. The domain name is www.vlptours.com.ng, and the error message I get when I tried to open from browser is: "we can't connect to the server at vlptours.com.ng".

Any helpful suggestion to resolve the problem will be appreciated.

Mild

Highlighted
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

@Mild - Looks like the nameservers the domain is using aren't providing any records. Looking online, it appears the domain is using:

• ns1.web4africa.com
    • ns2.web4africa.com
    • ns3.web4africa.com
    • ns4.web4africa.com

If you're hosting the domain's DNS with this provider, you'll want to check with them to find out why the domain isn't resolving. If you have DNS setup with GoDaddy, you may just need to update the domain to point to the right nameservers (with your registrar). For information on finding the right nameservers to use, please see this article

View solution in original post