cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

CPANEL down 4 days with no support

I am trying to set appropriate expectations for my web membership clients. Cpanel crashed on Friday Jan 31, 2020. After calling into support I was told the issue would be resolved in 24 hours. So, then I called in Saturday as the site was still down, support then told me oh no it is 24-48 hours, call tomorrow. I am now told today Sunday the turn around time is 24-72 hours and call back Monday. I was also told that the people that have to look at it will not be in until Monday 8AM Mountain time as they are in Arizona. But they did look at my ticket Friday. 

This is very confusing to me, so if the people that need to look at my issue are Mon-Fri and on Fridays they quit working in the middle of  the ticket because it is quitting time and then they are not in until Monday how would I ever be quoted 24 hours or 48 and now 72? And is it acceptable to Godaddy to leave their Cpanel application down for 3- 5 days? Is this the level of service I should expect from Godaddy if I stay with them?

It is outrageous I am told misinformation EVERYTIME I call, I do not care if it is lack of training, the agent is just getting me off the phone or directly lieing to me. This causes a secondary problem as I can not set honest straight forward expectations with my clients, because every lie I am told by Godaddy if repeated to my clients makes my business look like we are liars as well.

I am not really sure how to proceed with Godaddy at this point

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hi @Brill. Thanks for posting. First off, I'm sorry if you've received conflicting information. Allow me to clarify a few standard time frames that our care team will give:

• 24 hours: Usually this is only given if a simple DNS update is made. For example, if you changed the IP address an A Record points to. Often it is almost instant but it can take longer. 
  • 24-48 hours: This is often quoted for more involved DNS changes like the addition of a new record or a nameserver change. Again, it is usually much faster than this but in some outlying cases it can take this long. 
  • 24-72 hours: This is usually quoted if a ticket is escalated to an advanced team for almost any reason. As with above, it can take less time than what is quoted. 

Based on what you've said, it sounds like for at least one of your support interactions you may have dealt with a DNS issue, but also later had a ticket created. This might explain the differing time frames you were provided if that is the case. Still, our communication could have been clearer if this wasn't already explained to you. 

From what I can see, the site at Secure.livecast365.com is now live, so it's possible your issue has been addressed. I hope this helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Super User IV

@Brill 

We are end users like you so we will not be able to look into your specific issue....that being said....

The general rule of thumb is if GoDaddy has to open a ticket on something it is usually quoted as the "24-72 hours" - now GoDaddy does have the NOC staffed 24/7 so certain issues can be resolved outside of "normal" working hours.

Just wondering - when you say it is down - is it that you can't get to cPanel at all - that websites are down - what specifically??

Additionally, I generally do not recommend putting more than one website on a cPanel account - if I need more than one website I put it on a VPS and create a cPanel for each site - this is for both security and performance - so that if a site gets compromised it is only that site affected not all the accounts - also if there is an abusive site (rouge script etc) it is easier to identify on the VPS

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Just wondering - when you say it is down - is it that you can't get to cPanel at all - that websites are down - what specifically??

All that no access to cpanel, site, SSH, FTP or through the godaddy manage tool. even godaddy support can not get to the cpanel. 

@Brill 

Wow - but the server is at least showing in your account??? you just can't access it?

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

You can see it in my products and even click to manage it but after that cpanel fails, ssh fails, ftp fails. Been down 4 days no one seems concerned at all about it except me actually.

@Brill 

What is a domain on the server / IP address??

secure.livecast365.com

On with support now and although it has been down since Friday I still get the same response

I understand your condition.There is propagation time after every change.That's why it is taking so long.Server issues often takes time.

Ticket 41111443 is still open and our team is working on this.
24 - 72 working hours is the ticket SLA
Sometimes it can take more time depending on issue. Once the issue is resolved, you will be notified by our back end team over the email.

Same thing bottom line NO RESOLVE

@Brill 

Very Strange - When I do a traceroute I get to the GoDaddy network but not to the server. 

Did they inform you of any notes in the ticket as to what maybe going on when you go to the Hosting Dashboard where you can normally click on Manage cPanel - where it has the server information - what IP is it showing (just wondering)

This is something that GoDaddy will have to fix but just trying to understand what maybe going on.

Community Manager

Hi @Brill. Thanks for posting. First off, I'm sorry if you've received conflicting information. Allow me to clarify a few standard time frames that our care team will give:

• 24 hours: Usually this is only given if a simple DNS update is made. For example, if you changed the IP address an A Record points to. Often it is almost instant but it can take longer. 
  • 24-48 hours: This is often quoted for more involved DNS changes like the addition of a new record or a nameserver change. Again, it is usually much faster than this but in some outlying cases it can take this long. 
  • 24-72 hours: This is usually quoted if a ticket is escalated to an advanced team for almost any reason. As with above, it can take less time than what is quoted. 

Based on what you've said, it sounds like for at least one of your support interactions you may have dealt with a DNS issue, but also later had a ticket created. This might explain the differing time frames you were provided if that is the case. Still, our communication could have been clearer if this wasn't already explained to you. 

From what I can see, the site at Secure.livecast365.com is now live, so it's possible your issue has been addressed. I hope this helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post