cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Do I need cPanel Hosting

Previously I was hosting a website I had designed by scratch, recently I changed to a website designed through my client gallery subscription and had my domain name merged. Do I still need to be paying for a subscription to cPanel hosting? I don't use it and from what I can tell have no files on it. I still pay for my domain name of course, just trying to cut out unnecessary business costs right now. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ljsides 

Assuming you don't have anything else on the server (databases, email, files) I would agree with you that it can be cancelled - I would make sure to do a backup / export it just to be safe

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV

@ljsides 

What is your domain & when you say "client gallery subscription" I'm assuming this is a hosted service that provides a website as part of it??

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

My domain is allsidesphotography.com and yes that is what I mean. I use pixieset for my client galleries and they recently started offering websites as an option. I pay for that through them as well and was wondering if I could cut that out from my GoDaddy maybe. 

@ljsides 

Assuming you don't have anything else on the server (databases, email, files) I would agree with you that it can be cancelled - I would make sure to do a backup / export it just to be safe

View solution in original post

Thank you! I do not have any other files or databases on the cPanel... I checked. I appreciate the help!