cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Google SQL Connection problem (after ip/server change)

I was successfully accessing a Google cloud SQL before Godaddy changed servers on me. 
I updated the new ip address on the Google cloud SQL configuration but that does not seem to have allowed it to work. Godaddy support has not been able to resolve the issue either. Any thoughts? Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
New

The solution was to get the "external" ip address from godaddy. Apparently the one that I was initially informed about was an "internal" ip address. 
Anyway, as soon as I updated the Google SQL ip access with the correct "external" ip address it started working again. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@drdoug 

I know with MySQL you have to do specific grant permissions for IP addresses at the database level not just the server configuration level. - Could that have something do to with it?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

The solution was to get the "external" ip address from godaddy. Apparently the one that I was initially informed about was an "internal" ip address. 
Anyway, as soon as I updated the Google SQL ip access with the correct "external" ip address it started working again. 

View solution in original post