cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Re: PHP Upgrade??? To at least 5.6? How can you allow us to run on old versions?

How can this possibly be solved? Perhaps you do not understand the meaning of the word. Should I look for a new host?

Highlighted

Re: PHP Upgrade??? To at least 5.6? How can you allow us to run on old versions?

Hi,

Due to too old version of PHP we are unable to update applications and websites. Please resolve it.

Highlighted

PHP 7 availability date

1. 2 questions: 
  2. joomla asks for.php v7.0.When is godaddy going to have it available for shared hosting?
  3. Workspace email.no longer.lets us buy more space.Why?
Highlighted
Advocate III Advocate III
Advocate III

Re: PHP 7 availability date

Have you tried contacting GoDaddy Support about either of those questions? Especially the one regarding a sale they are missing by not selling you more space for your email.

Geeks rule!
Highlighted

Not sure how to contact Godaddy-chat is always busy and there is no phone no for my country (!!!).

I am not in the mood to pay long distance call either!

I know that i can switch to other email plans but I dont want to loose the existing emails that are kept on my webmail

Highlighted
New

I have been watching the community for 3 months no luck! I have called GoDaddy as well.  They would not tell me anything!

I can't get anything out of anyone about PHP 7 availability just a bunch of runaround.   Godaddy is about to lose 5 accounts.  I have no choice I will not sit around and let a hosting provider's neglect cause my sites to get hacked when the writing is clearly on the wall.

Highlighted

We buy a dedicated server for our Joomla website - 4 weeks ago.

We ask about the PHP support - now we discover that we don't have support for the php version that we need.  Some one can explain this?

We by a managed plan and today by telephone the person said that our plan is not managed!

So I need to pay more?

I dont have problem to pay more - but is good to talk clear from the beginning. 

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

it's not that bad as it sounds really, it's just accounting. You will get a credit on your old account, and you can probably get a discount out of them, since they are forcing you to do it, ...but you need a new account to get a new service because it's "shared" hosting.

But, and here's a consolation...I've been told that shared hosting accounts will get upgrades (finally) to PHP7 by end of 4th quarter this year (Dec 2017) ...so you should get a change also. I would imagine. But if  you want it earlier, just change up. I did it once, because way back when...when I was a noob, they didn't tell me I should have a linux hosting account for Wordpress, and I started on a Windows server (arrgh, I still can't believe I started like that) ...and I had to cancel to change to Linux server. It really was no bid deal, no break in service, didn't have to move anything, they did it, and it all worked. So sometimes it's just the answer/solution.

Highlighted

Whaaaat?

I have another account with Bluehost and they have PHP 7 available now. What's the issue with Go Daddy?

My Joomla admin is warning me that I am risking my site security with the current Go Daddy PHP version. Let's get on this. I just purchased my new Go Daddy account within the last six months.

Highlighted

Hi, is it available for shared hosting to upgrade to PHP 5.6? As I am currently stuck with 5.4 and cpanel doesn't allow me to change to 5.6, however my whole website relies on 5.6 and up to run.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Highlighted

Hi, I am under Deluxe Linux Hosting with cPanel shared hosting plan, but it doesn't let me change PHP version. It writes:

"Warning: Changing php modules and php options via PHP Selector for native php version is impossible"

Also shows a popup "user X is not in cageFS"

Can I get some help please? Thank you.

Highlighted

@CG wrote:

Hey @ecmoran,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

I'm not sure if you misunderstood the previous comments in this discussion but we already offer PHP 5.6 within our cPanel shared hosting plans now. You should be able view or change your selected PHP version at any time.

If you're having trouble selecting 5.6 in your account, then please reach out to our live support so they can help review what is happening to prevent this. 

Hi, I am under Deluxe Linux Hosting with cPanel shared hosting plan, but it doesn't let me change PHP version. It writes:

"Warning: Changing php modules and php options via PHP Selector for native php version is impossible"

Also shows a popup "user X is not in cageFS"

Can I get some help please? Thank you.

Highlighted

Mark,  you are incorrect.

Making PHP 7 or higher available as a choice for users will not break other's websites on a shared platform.

The application of PHP 7 is specific to the directory of the user.  In fact, as a user you can make PHP be specific to sub-directories within your system area.  So, you could be running different versions of PHP in different applications all within your own file system area.

I develop for clients with various host providers but only have two clients who host through GoDaddy.  All my other client's websites on other hosting services have access to PHP 7 or higher.  GoDaddy is the only host provider that I deal with that is balking at upgrading their systems.

If you're trying to compete on the internet you need to have quick response times for your website.  PHP 7 will speed Joomla websites up to 3 times that of a PHP 5.x installation.  

My only answer for these two GoDaddy clients is to migrate to a more responsive host provider.  I can recommend several others.

Lance Bowman

Highlighted

Re: PHP 7 ETA

If GoDaddy is going to force us to migrate our sites to different servers at higher costs I have a recommendation.

I'll have my clients migrate to SiteGround.  They offer the latest versions of PHP, and they offer free CloudFlare caching, and free SSL keys and simple https:// site migration.

If I don't get near time response from GoDaddy for my only two clients remaining here I'll recommend they move to SiteGround.

Highlighted

I, too, am a Joomla developer.

I have clients on other hosts.  They have PHP 7 available today.  You can set the PHP version all the way down to sub-directory level.  So, I could have different websites running on different systems, WordPress or Joomla for example, all within the same public_html directory, but within different lower sub-directories, running different versions of PHP.

PHP version choice isn't specific to a server.  It's specific to a sub-directory within the control of a user's file system on that server.  I have clients on several other host providers I know this is how it works.

SiteGround is probably the best provider.  They offer the most current versions of PHP.  They offer free CloudFlare site caching.  And, they offer free SSL certificates and one-button site migration to https://.   This last issue is important for your clients because Google will soon not include sites in their search engine results without https/SSL encryption.

Highlighted

CG,

It's now July and we still don't have PHP 7 available.  My clients need their websites to be fast/responsive to compete with others on the internet.

PHP 7 for their Joomla websites will improve their website response time by a multiple of 3.  They need to remain competitive and GoDaddy is receiving their funding to provide quality service.

We need PHP 7 now.  Not at the end of the year.  That's just not right or supportive on the part of GoDaddy.

Highlighted

So then what for older users????????  Nothing???

Highlighted

In my account, 5.6 isn't available and it's compulsory that I use a minimum of 5.5 for the script I want to use in running my new website. IMAGE

Highlighted

We just checked our Godaddy Cpanel Shared hosting and PHP 7.1 is now available... 

And php version 5.6 in now available on linux classic shared hosting. It would be nice if they bumped that up to php 7 as well.

Highlighted
Product Team
Product Team
Solution

@mikeroesch

Exciting news to all GoDaddy cPanel users. Your account is now updated with the latest PHP 7.0 and 7.1! If you want to update, login to your cPanel dashboard. Then under the Software heading click “Select PHP version”. In the top left of the PHP selection page use the dropdown the PHP version you want and click set as current. You are now ready to go! But a heads-up before you update, I recommend you check you site for compatibility first. If you have any questions our customer support team is happy to help 24/7. Just call (480) 505-8877.

- Paul Seguritan, Product Manager

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New

It's now 2018 and php7 is still not an option?

Highlighted

Only if you are lucky enough. It's 2018 and I'm stuck with PHP 5.3! Smiley Mad

Highlighted

But you can upgrade to 7.x ~if I remember,  it should be accessible via your cPanel ...I just don't remember where, so if you cannot find/change yourself and need assistance you could call into Support for guidance.

Highlighted

No can do.  I'm stuck with 5.3. Go Daddy Go! Smiley Mad

Highlighted

Yes I was told that PHP above 5.6 is impossible for me  because I'm on an "old server"... or something like that... and to switch to a new server I have to manually move everything over - godaddy will not move my many sites for me... and their cost for doing it is beyond exorbitant!

So yeah I used to love godaddy and recommend it, now I do not love nor recommend it.

Did I ASK to be put on an OLD server? No!
Was I TOLD I was going to be put on an OLD server that would later require me to manually move all my sites over which is ridiculously time consuming and difficult? NO!
So why am I being screwed up this way by Godaddy? Eh?

If you ask me this is a class action lawsuit waiting to happen... Godaddy puts people on a server that is inferior and UN-upgradable for all practical purposes... without telling them that?! Without warning? Without any indication that something like this could ever happen...

I call BS!

Highlighted

No, mine is not! This is b.s.!
See my previous post.

Highlighted

Do you know what's even worse? GoDaddy decided to migrate my hosting to a new(er) server a month ago, without my knowledge, and screwed everything!

First, they changed all my databases' hostnames, so I had to fix configurations for all my sited. But, they also managed to screw file permissions so, even after a month, three long long-distance calls and one chat session later, I am still not able to even use FTP clients (actually, I can use them to see files, but not to upload, delete, or even rename files)!!!

Now I am able to upgrade PHP to 5.6 (sigh), but I cannot even use FTP client anymore, and they broke many other stuff along the way Smiley Mad