cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Unable to Access FTP via FileZilla

I've been unable to use FileZilla to access my FTP. I was able to in the past. Trying to get help through chat is a waste of time. I see others having issues that are similar:

Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity / Could not connect to server.

Anyone is able to find out the solution (I have the right domain/pw). Also, is it normal for GD support to ask for your FTP password (odd that one guy wanted it). The file manager doesn't offer an option to download full folders, unfortunately. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Appreciate the help. I'm using Chrome. Choosing to archive to download just doesn't do anything. Choosing a folder to save the file to gives an error that a file is not found. I don't think GD can make it more user unfriendly to do, what I think, should be a simple task. Anyway, thanks, ended up using CoreFTP and it worked just fine.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@ijcusa 

You should be able to connect as you've described - personally I will compress a folder via the file manager and then download the zip - as other wise you actually have to download each file individually (even if you drag and drop - it's doing one by one in the background)

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Appreciate the help. I'm using Chrome. Choosing to archive to download just doesn't do anything. Choosing a folder to save the file to gives an error that a file is not found. I don't think GD can make it more user unfriendly to do, what I think, should be a simple task. Anyway, thanks, ended up using CoreFTP and it worked just fine.

View solution in original post