About .APP domains
Charleston Road Registry (d/b/a Google Registry) is the sponsor and backend provider for the .APP extension.
The .APP extension is a secure namespace, so you need HTTPS and an SSL certificate for your website to load on most browsers. Due to these SSL requirements, domain forwarding is not supported for .APP domains. Your .APP registration includes a free credit for our Standard SSL certificate. Once you log in, you will need to redeem and activate your SSL certificate.
Your free Standard SSL certificate is only eligible for support when it’s used with your .APP domain. To ensure continued support, please do not use this free Standard SSL certificate with another domain.
Who can register .APP domains?
Anyone can register .APP domains on a first-come, first-served basis.
When registering a .APP domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 1-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 3rd or 4th characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Supported
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-10 years
- If you have auto-renew enabled, we’ll attempt to charge the associated payment method and renew your .APP domain on its expiration date.
- If auto-renew fails or isn't enabled at all, we’ll park your .APP domain. A parked domain will display a temporary web page when the domain name is entered in a web browser.
- If the domain isn't manually renewed within 40 days following expiration, we cancel it and remove it from your account.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Supported
- CashParking: Supported
- Contact updates: Supported
RefundsFor details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
- Must use: 1-13 nameservers
- Can use: DNSSEC, IPv4, IPV6