About .ch Domains
SWITCH.ch is the sponsor and Hexonet aka 1 Api GmbH is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .ch extension that represents Switzerland.
Who can register .ch domains?
Anyone can register .ch domain names.
When registering a .ch domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 3-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Supported - Latin
- Registration length: 1 year
- Renewal length: 1 year
- Your .ch domain name renews before its expiration date. The renewal date depends on whether the domain name is auto-renewed or renewed manually. Auto-renewal is attempted 10 days prior to the domain name's expiration. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal 3 days prior to expiration. If the second attempt fails, we try one more time 5 days after to the expiration date.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it 5 days after the expiration date, it must be redeemed. There might be a fee for the redemption. See Renew my expired domain for instructions on the redemption.
- For example: Your .ch domain name expires on January 31. If your domain name does not renew automatically, you can renew it manually by February 5. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on January 21, January 28, and February 5.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- The registration does not extend a year.
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Not supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not Supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Supported
- Cash Parking: Not supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- To update the registrant on a .ch domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.
- Must use: 2-50 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4, IPv6
- Cannot use: DNSSEC
For details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms, and then Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
To cancel your .ch domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.