About .tw Domains
TW.nic is the sponsor and GoDaddy Registry is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .tw extension that represents Taiwan.
Who can register .tw domains?
Anyone can register .tw, .idv.tw, and .com.tw domain names.
- .tw: Intended for Taiwan businesses or individuals
- .idv.tw: Intended for individuals
- .com.tw: Intended for commercial entities
Note: GoDaddy no longer offers new registrations or transfers of .org.tw domains.
When registering a .tw domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 2 - 63 Characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Supported (Chinese) on .tw domain extension only
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-10 years
- Your .tw, .idv.tw, and .com.tw domain name renews before its expiration date. The renewal date depends on whether the domain name is auto-renewed or renewed manually. Auto-renewal is attempted 40 days prior to the domain name's expiration. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal 10 days later. If the second attempt fails, we try one more time on the expiration date.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by its expiration date, it must be redeemed. There might be a fee for the redemption. See Renew my expired domain for instructions on the redemption.
- For example: Your .tw, .idv.tw, and .com.tw domain name expires on October 1. If your domain name does not renew automatically, you can renew it manually by October 1. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on August 21, September 1, and October 1.
- .org.tw renewals require additional documentation. Please reach out to our GoDaddy Guides for help.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Must use: 1 - 63 Characters
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Supported
- To transfer your .tw, .idv.tw, and .com.tw domain to another registrar, the registrar must be a Neustar-accredited registrar, please confirm with your gaining registrar.
- To transfer your .org.tw domain to another registrar, additional documentation is required, please contact our our GoDaddy Guides for help.
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- CashParking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- Must use: 2-13 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4
- Cannot use: IPv6, DNSSEC
For details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
- Want to register a .tw domain? Search for your domain today.
- Want to register a .idv.tw domain? Search for your domain today.
- Want to register a .com.tw domain? Search for your domain today.
- Check out our most common domain articles to get started with your .tw domain.