Add a cookie and tracking alert to my website
We use customer data to tell you how many people come to your website in your Dashboard and help us optimize how fast your site loads, among other things. Cookies, or small data files, are just one way to track visitors' movements across a site. Tracking may also be used to track your visitors on your site if you use the Facebook Pixel or a Google Analytics tracking ID.
In California, the European Union and other jurisdictions (depending on applicable law), websites are required to provide its visitors the option of having their data tracked or not. Adding a Cookie Banner gives your visitors choice about their own privacy and protects you from possibly being fined if you aren’t following the law.
Consult your own legal counsel to determine if a tracking and alert section is necessary for your business or website, and what it should say.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to the website you want to change.
- Select Edit Website to open your website editor.
- Select Settings then Cookie Banner.
- When you're ready, select Publish.