Add a pop-up box to my website
Use a pop-up box to make an important announcement to people who visit your site. This pop-up box will be the first thing your site visitor sees when they land on your website. In addition to your title and description, a button leads to a key destination you want to bring site visitors to, such as a specific page and section on your site, any URL you choose, or a product category if you sell products online.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll down to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to the website you want to change.
- Select Edit Website to open your website editor.
- Select the Website tab at the top of your editor then select Popup from Website Add-Ons.
- Customize your pop-up box.
- Enable Pop-up: Toggle this feature to turn your pop-up box on and off.
- Title: Write a few short, attention-grabbing words to get your audience’s attention either in the preview or in the editor.
- Description: Add a few short sentences on what people need to know.
- Action button: Use the toggle to enable or disable a clickable button, and customize what the button says. Link to a specific section within a page on your site, any URL or one of your product categories.
- Select Done.
- Your changes are saved automatically. When you're ready to make the changes public, publish your site.
A site visitor can dismiss the pop-up box by closing it with the “x” or selecting the action button, if it is enabled. After dismissing the pop-up box, it won’t show itself again for the next 24 hours.
- Instead of a pop-up box, another option is to add a promotional banner to my website
- Set a temporary closure for my business on Facebook, Yelp and Google Business Profile